I just started a Youtube series called 10-Second WarLight games. The idea is to take an entire WarLight game, full of alliances, truces, betrayal and deceit, and condense it down to a 10-second video for your viewing pleasure.
Here are some examples:
Check out all of the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVtCzKbwqpCCf4I1gfw1Gw/videos.
Which one is your favorite? Be sure to like the ones that are good, so they bubble to the top! More are coming — you can also subscribe if you want notifications when new ones are added.
WarLight was just updated to version 3.07.2! This update improves tournaments a bit more and fixes a few bugs.
Free Public Tournament Creation
It’s now possible to create a public tournament for free when the Open Tournaments list is empty.
The idea behind this is that there should always be at least one tournament available for joining. Instead of creating an auto-tournament like we do for open games, we decided instead to essentially allow the community to create the auto tournament for us. This is better since an auto tournament would have the same settings every time and quickly get boring, whereas the community is great at coming up with new and interesting settings.
You can do this any time the Open Tournaments section is empty. Simply click Create Tournament, Public Tournament, Single Elimination, and note the new option that appears labelled “Entry Fee and Prize, Free to Create”. This will only show up when there are no open tournaments.
Tournaments created with this mode may use any pure-skill settings, must be single-elimination and cannot involve more than 32 players.
– Tournament games now show an icon on the multi-player dashboard that links to the tournament.
– Coin tournament games now show their names in yellow and with a coin icon on the multi-player dashboard.
– Creating real-time tournaments now gives the creator a recommended minimum start date.
– Fixed a bug that made blacklisted players sometimes not show a “B” on the Open Games section of the multi-player dashboard.
– Fixed a bug that made the force-join button appear too early in games with boot times less than 5 minutes.
WarLight has just been updated to version 3.07.1! This update overhauls the cost of coin tournaments and makes a bunch of other small improvements to the site.
Coin Tournament Cost
Based on your feedback, we are changing the cost structure of coin tournaments. The new cost system is much simpler, and causes a drastic reduction in the cost to create large/expensive tournaments.
Here is a table that defines the basic cost structure now for a single-elimination tournament:
Creators also have the option to make their tournament more lucrative by increasing the entry fee by any amount up to 50 coins. Unlike before, this won’t increase the creation cost — they stay fixed.
– Force join time is now never shorter than 5 minutes. This means if you play in a ladder or tournament that uses boot times shorter than 5 minutes, such as the real-time ladder, you won’t be able to be force-joined until the game has existed for 5 minutes.
– Increased the tournament invite limits from 8 times the number of players maxing at 1000, to 13 times the number of players maxing at 2000.
– Off-topic forum posts are no longer shown on the multi-player dashboard.
– Renamed the “Dashboard” page to simply Community, since it’s the default page you see when you click Community. This avoids it being confused with the multi-player dashboard.
– Renamed the single-player main menu page to Level Select.
– The coin leaderboard now goes dark for the final 48 hours instead of the final 24.
– Tournaments now show who created them on the My Tournaments page.
– The cost to create a tournament is now repeated on the final step.
– All players must now validate their email address after reaching level 10.
– Fixed a bug that caused the Manage Friends List page to time out.
– Fixed a bug that caused the Open Tournaments section to show a “+ show more” link when there were no more.
– Fixed a bug that made real-time tournaments advertise their start date incorrectly.
– Fixed a bug that made inviting to a tournament by clan show players who had been invited to that clan but not accepted.
– Fixed a bug that made the footer overlap the content on the clan forum page.
– Fixed a bug that caused an error if entering a non-integer into the bulk remove friends tool.
Please let us know what you think!
Yesterday, visitors to WarLight.net may have seen some phantom chat messages appear in their games. There were ten messages that could have appeared:
- Have you heard about the Nuke Card?
- Have you heard about the Time Travel Card coming in the next update?
- Why did you start in that spot, I would have started on the other side.
- Did you hear that?
- Which do you like more, the nuke or time travel card?
- What is your favorite map?
- Huh, Why not?
- I think green or blue was the one! *wink*
- What are you thinking about right now?
- Another day, another game. How about you?
A message would only appear when a game was first loaded, only 25% of the time, and only if there was not any other pending chat in that game. A random message from the list above was chosen. When a message appeared, it only appeared on your local computer — nobody else could see it, and if you refreshed your browser it would not appear again.
Now that April 1st is over, the phantom messages will no longer appear. All messages you see are real messages that were typed by a person.
Happy April fools!