WarLight has just been updated to version 1.15.7! The mobile client creeps ever closer towards completion, and as usual, the website gained a few minor updates too. This blog post contains a summary of what’s changed.
Real-time tournament invite e-mails
You can now control whether or not you receive tournament e-mail invite emails separately for multi-day tournaments and real-time tournaments. Under Settings -> E-mail notifications, you’ll find two check-boxes: one for multi-day tournaments, and another for real-time tournaments.
Multi-day tournament e-mails default on, but real-time tournament e-mails default off. This means that if you want to receive e-mails when you’re invited to a real-time tournament, you must turn it on in the settings.
This reflects how most people use e-mail. Most people don’t get instant notifications when they receive an e-mail, so they typically won’t see the invite to a real-time tournament in time to join it. This leads to lots of disappointment when they check their e-mail only to find invites to tournaments that it’s too late to join.
If you’re going to create a “lobby tournament” for a real-time tournament, please make sure your lobby is set to real-time as well. This prevents people from getting e-mails that don’t want them.
CLOT can override bonus values
The CreateGame API can now be used to specify overridden bonus values. This allows custom ladders/tournaments to control the bonus values for each game independently, which opens up some new options. For example, you can make a ladder or tournament where the bonus values are randomized in each game.
See CreateGame on the wiki for information on how to use this.
Two bugs were also fixed in this update:
– Fixed a bug in the game creator that made custom scenarios not appear if you closed and re-opened the scenario builder right away.
– Fixed a bug that caused an error if you clicked “map page” on an under-development map
If you’re playing WarLight on Android, you can install it via the usual method. I highly recommend upgrading to this version since it has a few key bug fixes.
The biggest feature added in this release is the ability to create multi-player games from templates! You can’t customize template settings yet, but if you have a template you want to use as-is you can use it.
This also adds the ability for game creators to add or remove players to a game from the lobby.
– Overhauled the look and feel of the player details screen.
– Fixed a bug that made territory picks unviewable during the first turn.
– Android: Fixed a bug that caused deployment issues on some phones.
– Android: Fixed a bug that made screen title’s become off-center when rotating your device.
– Android: Fixed a bug that caused order re-arranging to not work.
– Android: Fixed a bug that made the map not appear after sleeping and waking your device.