WarLight has just been updated to version 1.16.3! This is primarily an update to the mobile client, however a few changes snuck into the website too.
This update also marks the point where the mobile client graduates from alpha to beta! This simply means that the features in the app now are mostly the same features that it will be officially released with. I may have been inconsistent in using the word “beta” prior to this, but officially it was alpha before and beta now.
If you’re a member with an Android device and have been holding back on trying the Android app, now is the time to give it a whirl! Let me know what you think at email@example.com.
- The “Do you want to attack your teammate?” dialog no longer comes up when issuing repeat attack orders. For example, if you order armies to transfer to your teammate from A to B, then click A to B again, the game will assume your teammate answer is the same as when you first entered that order. You can still change it by altering the “treat teammates as enemies” checkbox.
- The server now allows games to be created on versions of maps that have been superseded by newer versions (retired). You still can’t create a new template with a retired map, but if you already have one, you can now use it. In other words, you aren’t forced to use the newest version of a map if you don’t want to and happen to have a template already using the older version.
This also helps to ensure that CLOTs aren’t broken just because somebody updated a map. The CLOT creator can choose to update his template to the new version, but they don’t have to.
- Fixed a bug when watching the AI play itself in single-player that caused it to just skip to the last turn.
- Fixed a bug that gave a misleading message if you tried to play a diplomacy card on someone who just got booted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the letter “T” to appear in the chat box when using the “T” hotkey.
- Fixed a bug that caused the invite list and black list buttons to appear on your own profile.
- Added code to prepare for Season X.
Mobile Client Changes
Added players summary, below the orders list on the expandable right-column. This is similar to the Players section in the lower-right hand corner of the website; it shows the list of players in the game, accept surrender buttons, etc.
This only appears when viewed on a device with enough vertical space. Depending on how big your device is, it may or may not appear, or it may appear in one orientation and not another. It will most likely never appear on phones, unless it’s an extremely large phone. On medium-sized tablets, like the Nexus 7 or iPad mini, it may appear in portrait orientation but not landscape. On a normal iPad or large Android tablet, it will appear in both orientations. When it’s not present, a “View Players” button appears in its place, so that you can still get used to going to that area to see the players.
Added advertisements for testing, just to ensure they work. They’ll appear at the top of every page. If they don’t show up on your device, or cause other problems, please let me know.
Once you get tired of them, you can turn them off under Settings, and they’ll stay off once you turn them off. It was necessary to default them on, otherwise nobody would turn them on and I need to make sure they work on a wide range of devices.
- Overhauled the look of the main menu.
- Added the introduction balloons to the single-player levels.
- Added the tutorial.
- Added question-mark links next to the phases (deploy, attack, confirm) to help new players.
- Added help menu.
- The text at the top of the nudge/boot screen now scrolls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the map to move erratically when zooming in.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors on maps with bonuses that used non-ascii characters, such as the Concrete Complex map.
- Fixed a bug that caused AIs to not play themselves in single-player games.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors when using single-player’s Custom Game in rare cases.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Android: Fixed a bug that, on some devices, caused text boxes to lose focus after the software keyboard came up.