Warzone has just been updated to version 4.08.1! This update brings more features to UJS, and a few fixes and improvements to the website. Here’s what’s changed:
– UJS: UJS is now the default web mode for new players.
– UJS: Added toasts (boxes in the top right that tell you when you earn points or unlock achievements)
– UJS: Added level-up dialog.
– UJS: Added rules dialog for new players.
– UJS: Added quickmatch-template-unlock notification dialog.
– UJS: Added announcement support.
– UJS: Quickmatch real-time games now load in-process instead of redirecting. This improves performance and also makes the close button take you back to quickmatch instead of the multi-player dashboard.
– UJS: Fixed editing community level AI names and colors. Removed obsolete “edit details” link.
– UJS: Fixed editing custom scenarios with special units.
– Website: Removed “Promoted games” section of multi-player dashboard. These games are now included in the “Open Games” section.
– Website: Added a link to quickmatch on the multi-player dashboard.
– Website: Updated multi-player dashboard to use bootstrap for its layout.
– Website: The home page’s Play Now button now takes you straight to the tutorial for first-time visitors. It still takes you to the single player main menu once you’ve played at least one single-player game.
– Website: Fixed a bug that made Share On Facebook not work for players who didn’t sign into Warzone through Facebook.
– QM: Fixed a rare bug that could cause quickmatch to give an error. Thanks to DESTRUCTION for reporting this.
– Flash: When accessing commerce games or games with mods, it will now prompt you to open them in UJS intead of Unity.
Warzone has just been updated to 4.08.0! This update adds a bunch of features to the new UJS client.
UJS Create Game
When your account is in UJS mode, selecting Create Game under the multi-player menu, or Custom Game under Single Player, will now launch the new Create Game UI. This UI is much easier to use than the old Flash one, and also supports all the new Unity features such as commerce games and mods.
It’s similar to what you would see if you were in Unity mode, except that it loads in a fraction of a second instead of in over 30 seconds!
More importantly, this reduces our dependency on Flash even further. Now, the only thing that Warzone still depends on Flash for is for map creation.
Other UJS Improvements
– UJS: Implemented the add/remove players button in lobby.
– UJS: The app now sets the page URL so that game links can always be accessed from the address bar, just like Flash does.
– UJS: Made some optimizations for faster performance on all UJS pages.
– UJS: External links now open in a new window.
– UJS: Fixed team brackets in the lobby.
The next step for UJS is to implement toasts, the level up screen, and the quickmatch template unlock screen. Toasts are the small popups in the top right that notify you when you receive points or unlock an achievement. This is the last thing to add to UJS before it can be declared feature-complete.
Warzone has just been updated to 4.07.7! This update contains some bug fixes and minor improvements.
This is a server update only. This means the server updates, as well as the Flash and UJS clients, but not the Unity client or iOS/Android app.
Here’s everything that changed:
– All: When creating fixed team open games, the game now gives a prompt confirming you really want to do this.
– All: Fixed a rare bug when publishing a community level that uses the army cap. Thanks to Panzerelite for reporting this.
– All: Fixed an issue when using the API with the Non Members Can Use Mods flag. Thanks to Krzystof for reporting this.
– All: Fixed a bug with boss4 that caused an error on community level 1157992.
– All: Fixed a rare bug that could cause invite notifications to be delayed and go out after a game had ended.
– Website: Fixed Share On Facebook. Thanks to DanWL for reporting this.
– Website: Fixed a bug that caused signing into an account in UJS or Flash mode to show the Play button immediately after signing in.
– Unity/UJS: When chat has plenty of room, it will give more space to the player’s name. Thanks to TBest for suggesting this.
– UJS: Fixed tooltips getting stuck in Firefox. Thanks to TStorm for reporting this.
– UJS: Fixed bonus links with negative sizes, such as was seen on the United States Big map. Thanks to TStorm for reporting this.
– UJS: Fixed recon card territory highlight. Thanks to Krzystof for reporting this.
– UJS: Fixed the Add/Remove Players button so it at least tells you that it’s not implemented yet instead of not working. Thanks to TBest for reporting this.
– UJS: Fixed issue with opening/closing chat rapidly that would offset the screen. Thanks to TBest for reporting this.
– UJS: Removed the far right vertical line in the Statistics table since it was overlapping the scrollbar. Thanks to TBest for reporting this.
With these fixes, the UJS client is now looking much more solid than before! The next step is to get the Create Game UI working in UJS, so that it won’t have to fall back to Flash like it does today.
Do you play Warzone from your computer? Good news! The new UJS client is now available to everyone!
The UJS client is being developed as an alternative to playing the Unity or Flash clients in your browser. The Unity client takes a while to load, and the Flash client is missing many features. UJS is the best of both worlds — it loads quickly and does everything!
How quickly, you may ask? Well, I just tested loading a game and here’s how long it took for Chrome to load the same game in each mode on my PC:
Unity: 39 seconds
Flash: 3.5 seconds
UJS: 2 seconds
Yep, it’s even faster than the Flash client!
Note that the UJS client is still being developed. Some parts of the app don’t work yet in UJS, such as the ability to create games, or be notified of points you earn and achievements you unlock. These things are coming soon.
How to try it
It’s easy to try, and also easy to switch back if you don’t like it. Select your name in the upper right and select Account Settings:
Then select Web Mode:
You’ll see the option to easily switch your account between Unity, Flash, or UJS.
Let me know what you think!
Feel free to drop me a line! If you find bugs, please report them and I’ll do my best to fix them.