WarLight was just updated to version 3.07.2! This update improves tournaments a bit more and fixes a few bugs.
Free Public Tournament Creation
It’s now possible to create a public tournament for free when the Open Tournaments list is empty.
The idea behind this is that there should always be at least one tournament available for joining. Instead of creating an auto-tournament like we do for open games, we decided instead to essentially allow the community to create the auto tournament for us. This is better since an auto tournament would have the same settings every time and quickly get boring, whereas the community is great at coming up with new and interesting settings.
You can do this any time the Open Tournaments section is empty. Simply click Create Tournament, Public Tournament, Single Elimination, and note the new option that appears labelled “Entry Fee and Prize, Free to Create”. This will only show up when there are no open tournaments.
Tournaments created with this mode may use any pure-skill settings, must be single-elimination and cannot involve more than 32 players.
– Tournament games now show an icon on the multi-player dashboard that links to the tournament.
– Coin tournament games now show their names in yellow and with a coin icon on the multi-player dashboard.
– Creating real-time tournaments now gives the creator a recommended minimum start date.
– Fixed a bug that made blacklisted players sometimes not show a “B” on the Open Games section of the multi-player dashboard.
– Fixed a bug that made the force-join button appear too early in games with boot times less than 5 minutes.