Warzone has just been updated to version 5.14.0! This update brings a ton of new features to Warzone Idle. This blog post describes what’s changed.
While exploring a Warzone Idle level, you can now find Mortars. You can fire the mortar at a neighboring territory to reduce its cost to conquer.
Mortars can miss, though! When firing a mortar, the game will tell you the odds to hit and exactly how many armies it will reduce the territory by.
You’ll only find mortars in levels that you start after upgrading to version 5.14.
Several new levels have been added that are harder versions of existing levels. These levels all have special unique rewards, some of which are brand new Idle features.
To avoid spoilers, the new features added for hardened levels are not listed here. Players will have to discover them on their own.
It’s now possible for clanmates to gift each other Idle money or armies! This allows those who are further along in a level to help out those who are smaller.
Check out the “Clan Requests” button on the Ore tab to request resources or to fill your clanmates requests. You can only request once every 20 hours. There’s also a new advancement to increase the limits of money/armies you can request.
Level Speed Bonuses
Many levels now have a completion time goal that gives permanent ore production increases as a reward. For example, if you complete Heavy Earth in less than 1 day 3 hours, you’ll get a permanent 30% increase to copper ore production from your mines. Different levels have different ore production bonuses.
This update changes the way markets work. Instead of selling items at a fixed cost, they now start off cheap and get more expensive the more you buy from them.
Warzone Wheel Payouts Increased
The Warzone Wheel now pays out more coins than it did before, and has more varied coin rewards. Happy spinning!
– Idle: The ad-watch bonus now has options for ore production, smelter speed, or crafter speed increases.
– Idle: The level list now is a winding path instead of a vertical list.
– Idle: The game now keeps track of your fastest time-to-completion of each level and shows you these numbers on the Level Stats dialog.
– Idle: A few infrequently purchased advancements have had their unlock cost reduced slightly.
– Idle: Changed the way ascension works. Instead of requiring you to defeat every level, you now only have to defeat the last level in order to qualify for ascension. This gives skip level powers and advancements more of a purpose. Ascending also now costs 100 AP.
– Idle: Adjusted tech values. The later techs were made much more powerful.
– Idle: Recipe stats now shows how many of the item you currently have.
– Idle: Army stats now breaks out drafted armies and shows you how many of them came from each portion of the drafting system’s internal calculation.
– Idle: Modifiers that increase the speed of smelters/crafters no longer need to be equipped for the entire duration of the smelt/craft. They now speed it up while equipped and it reverts to the normal speed when unequipped.
– Idle: Coins can now be used to immediately finish a dig or to immediately refresh a cooling down artifact.
– Idle: Changed 100M money/sec achievement to 50M money/sec to make it easier.
– Idle: All levels we re-generated. This could cause costs, asset locations, recipes, etc. to be changed slightly. If you were in the middle of playing a level when you update to this version, you’ll keep playing the old version of the level. But all new levels started after updating will be on the new version of the level. For those keeping track at home, these new versions of the levels are called revision 17. Note if you start a new version of a level, then switch to a device using an older version of Warzone Idle, you won’t be able to play it there. Please update all your devices to the latest version to avoid this.
– Idle: Re-generated challenge levels.
– Idle: Fixed a bug that made autos not fire during idle time.
– Idle: Fixed the text on powers so they don’t say they go to waste if you don’t claim them.
– Idle: Fixed level stats so it doesn’t include empty bonuses in the total count.
– Idle: Fixed “Soldier” typo in tech list.
– Idle: Fixed a bug that could make the auto-smelt advancement pop up a message saying it changed a smelter when it didn’t actually change one.
– All: Fixed a bug that caused an error if you left an empty review for a map.
– All: Fixed “locked maps is null” error.
– All: Fixed sorting of in-app notifications when there was more than one page.
– All: Fixed color of map review voting buttons so they’re visible.
– All: Improved the layout of the “Change notification settings” page so it fits well on small devices.
– Classic: When a patterened color is used, like Blue Diagonals, the orders panel in the top right now shows this pattern.
– Classic: Updated the built-in Small Earth template to match the popular Quickmatch settings.
– Classic: Removed the “Featured Maps” category when browsing maps, since it hadn’t been updated in over ten years.
– Classic: Maximum boot time for real-time games is now 15 minutes.
– Classic: Fixed a bug that caused an error if you blanked the name of a community level while editing it.
– Classic: Fixed a bug that made banked time not get used up on boot.
– Classic: Fixed a bug that could make playing a card from the Receive Card Dialog sometimes not play.
– Unity: The top right button glow that indicates when you can join a clan war is now easier to see.
– Unity: Added url support for map of the weeks, map previews, and forum links with offsets.
– Unity: Fixed the color of the word “bye” on tournaments so it’s visible.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that made the two checkboxes on the edit profile page not default to the correct state.
– Website: Removed Flash mode.
– Website: Fixed a bug that made some bonus links in some maps, notably Europe Huge, not center their contents appropriately.
– Website: Raised bonus link text by one pixel which should bring it closer to being centered.
– iOS: Fixed a bug that made push notifications not pop up if they arrived while the app was open.