Warzone Idle beta is still in full swing! As a reminder, this beta is open to everyone, even if you’re not a member. If you’d like to be among the first to play it, make a post in the Warzone Idle Open Beta Signup Thread!
Since the beta started, I’ve been hard at work at improving the game. I appreciate all the feedback from everyone who is playing it!
Today launches the 13th update to the game. Today’s update is live on the website now, and will go live in the iOS/Android apps in the coming week.
With today’s update, the system that synchronizes Warzone Idle progress between devices has been completely re-written from scratch. It now uses a new, simpler system, to save your progress and ensure everything works properly.
Warzone Idle saves your progress to the server every 10 minutes, as well as when you close the app / website. Prior to this update, there were some bugs that caused some people to lose progress and have to re-play portions of their level, or even entire levels. If you were affected by this and didn’t report it, remember to always report bugs by going to Help -> Contact -> Report Bug.
This new update improves upon that and makes sure everything gets saved properly. As long as you’re not playing the same level from multiple devices at the same time, it should be impossible to lose progress.
To get the benefits of this new system, you have to make sure all devices you play Warzone Idle on are running 5.01.2 or newer. As noted above, the Android and iOS apps will take a few days at least, from the time of this writing, to be live on their respective app stores. If you’re using Android and want to skip the wait, you can download the APK file and install this version right now via this link. If you do this, just make sure to keep your app up to date when new versions are released in the future. I’ll continue updating this link so it’s always pointing at the latest version of the Android APK every release, even before it’s uploaded to the Play Store.
– Idle: Removed the “sync instructions” dialog, since syncing should now work automatically.
– Idle: Auto-conquer is limited to one conquer per game cycle, which makes challenge levels move a bit slower and more predictable.
– Idle: Eliminated saving to local filesystem when nothing had changed to increase performance.
– Idle: Fixed a bug that could make levels load twice when opening the app, slowing things down.
– Idle: Fixed a bug that could cause the game to stop updating until it was closed and re-opened.
– Idle: Fixed challenge levels awarding achievements.
– Idle: Fixed bonuses displaying “1000” instead of “1K”