WarLight has just been updated to version 1.15.2! This is a small update to fix a few bugs from the previous update. This blog post describes what’s changed.
– Optimized the My Games query a bit.
– Added double-click support to the create-game pages that ask about choosing templates.
– Changed the team controls from a drop-down to radio buttons.
– Added rounded corners to the dashboard page.
– Improved the display of forum threads when viewed on iPhones.
– Fixed a bug that could cause an error when sorting the forwarding tournament invites page.
– Fixed the report bug page for players using Opera.
– Fixed a bug that could cause an error when a host changes players on a team game with open seats.
– Fixed a bug that occurred if you tried to copy a game’s settings that used random teams.
– Fixed the error message that came up if a non-member map creator attempted to add more than 24 players to a game on a map they made.
– Fixed a bug that was causing several of the setting-highlights to default off for new players.
– Fixed a bunch of other various small bugs in the new game creation screens.
Non-members customizing built-in templates
Prior to the last update, it was possible for non-members to change the boot times, practice game setting, and private messaging setting but still refrain from customizing one of the built-in templates. This allowed them to use the 16% luck values of the Strategic 1v1 and 2v2 templates but still set their own boot times.
In the last update, these settings were moved into the primary customize step, which made it impossible to set them without customizing the template, and customizing the template meant that the luck value would be reset to 75%. This was an accident on my part – I didn’t realize that moving them would have this side-effect.
Now there’s a temporary work-around in place that allows non-members to set these settings and still use 16% luck. To do this, follow these steps precisely:
- Under multi-player, click Create Game as normal. Invite your players and click Next
- Click Change Settings, Use a Template, then the Strategic 1v1 or 2v2 template
- Check the “Customize Template” check-box and click Next
- Set up the following settings how you want them: the multi-day/real-time box, the boot times, the private messaging check-box, the personal message, and the pracitce game check-box. You must not change any other settings or this won’t work.
- Click Next. It’ll ask you to save the game as a template. Click the “No” button (even if it’s already checked), then press Ctrl+Shift+J. (Hold down the control and shift keys on your keyboard, and press J).
- If it works, you’ll now be at the create game screen. Just name your game and click Create Game
This is a temporary work-around. In the future, there will be a better solution to this.