Warzone has just been updated to version 4.20.0! This blog post describes what’s changed.
This update is live now on the website. The Android app will be updated in the coming days, and the iOS app will be updated in the coming weeks.
Multiple Push Notification Devices
Prior to this update, only one device could receive notifications for a Warzone account. This means if you had multiple devices, such as an Android phone and an iPad, each time you played on one device it would move your notifications to that new device and the other one would stop receiving them.
Now, all of the devices you sign into will receive push notifications. If you sign out of a Warzone account on a device, or uncheck the “Push notifications” box in the settings, that device will not receive future notifications.
There’s also a new page on the website that shows you all devices you currently are receiving push notifications on and allows you to remove ones you don’t want.
New color: Green Prison
For the first time ever, you can apply a pattern to your territories! For a limited time, you can purchase the ability to play as green with black vertical bars:
Purchase now to get unlimited use of this color forever. After June 28th, the option to purchase will disappear forever, making this a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Multi-day Quickmatch Boot Adjustment
Multi-day Quickmatch games now have a more forgiving boot time structure! As discussed previously, the new banking boot controls give more flexibility that Quickmatch can take advantage of.
All multi-day Quickmatch games created after this update will use the following boot times: 24 hours boot, 24 hours initially banked, and 4 hours of bank restored per day (up to a max of 24 hours, awarded on turn advance).
The net effect of this is that it’s now possible to take one day per week off without having to worry about getting booted. Since you get 4 hours returned per day, that means you’ll get more than 24 hours returned per week, which is what enables this.
The hope is that this change allows people who have less reliable schedules to participate in multi-day Quickmatch without having to worry about the occasional boot. If this sounds like you, give it a try and let me know how well it works for you!
Public tournaments now support templates with mods! Only trusted mods may be used. At the time of this writing, all of the Standard and Promoted mods are marked as trusted. If you find a mod you’d like to use in a tournament that you can’t, please let me know.
Some new improvements are coming to some of the menu pages, most notably the places that list items look a lot nicer!
– All: When loading a finished game, the game will now default into history mode so you can watch the game without spoiling the winner.
– All: Clan invites are automatically deleted after 30 days if they aren’t accepted or declined.
– All: The “Are you sure you want uneven teams?” message no longer appears in single-player.
– All: Fixed a bug that made real-time games not sort to the top in the default filter. Thanks to Krzystof for reporting this.
– All: Fixed a bug with community levels that use teams and also change the number of pieces of cards that are distributed to players on that team.
– Unity/UJS: Fixed a bug when loading a template with banking boot times enabled, but auto boot and direct boot are set to different values. Thanks to ssɐɹ⅁ƃuo˥ for reporting this.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that made community events sometimes duplicate themselves on the community tab. Thanks to Cowboy for reporting this.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that caused an error when loading a private GitHub repo. Thanks to Boyd for reporting this.