I’m pleased to announce that WarLight’s first official sequel, Warzone, has now arrived!
Warzone builds upon WarLight, adding tons of new features and capabilities, while retaining all of the amazing maps and gameplay that WarLight built.
- The entire game has been re-written from scratch in Unity for all platforms (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux). The game is sleeker, easier to use, and is all around a much better experience.
- Quickmatch makes it easy to jump into multi-player games! No longer do you have to search through a list of open games. Just click Play, and you’re playing a fun multi-player game!
- Commerce games adds an economy to your empire. Build cities to tax to afford more armies, but be sure to defend them!
- Mods allow customizing the game in ways never before imagined! Mods are easy to use — there’s nothing to download or install, and they even work on iOS and Android!
- In team games, your teammates’ orders are displayed right on the screen so you can see where your teammates are attacking or what territories they’re picking with ease!
- If you change another player’s color, it now saves that change so you don’t need to do it again in that game
- Games don’t have a refresh button anymore. Warzone keeps a socket connected to the server, so any time a turn advances or chat message comes in, it appears immediately.
- When starting a game, your starting territories are highlighted and zoomed so you can always know where you start
- Watching attack and deployment animations groups them together so it plays out faster
- Best of all, it’s still free! If you’ve purchased or unlocked anything for your WarLight account, such as a membership or colors, it will still be fully usable in Warzone with no additional fees.
- And more! There are many more improvements not mentioned here.
iOS or Android user?
Do you play WarLight on your iOS or Android device? Warzone will blow your mind!
In addition to getting all of the above features, there’s a slew of new stuff specifically for mobile users:
- Make your own single-player levels, or play those created by the community!
- Link territories in chat!
- Easily see territory names and connections with the new magnifying glass button!
- When building custom scenarios, you can assign bonuses all at once
- Use autopilot to allow the AI to enter orders for you
- A new, mobile-friendly, website
- Spin the Coin Wheel to win free coins!
The coin wheel can be spun via the Android or iOS app after each multi-player win, max once every 20 hours, after watching a short video. Use these coins to play coin games or tournaments, or spend them in the Warzone store!
The new website and WebGL version of the Unity version is live now! If you want to try it out, select your name in the upper right corner and select “Switch to Unity”. You can always switch back to Flash using the same process. For the best experience, I recommend installing the Nightly version of FireFox as it’s much faster than other browsers at loading Unity apps.
The Android app will go live within a couple hours. The iOS app will go live within 3-7 days due to Apple’s review process.