- 1v1 ladder: Players now must finish 20 games to qualify for a rank, instead of 15.
- 1v1 ladder: The luck modifier will be decreased from 16% to 0%
- 1v1 ladder: The matchmaking range will be decreased from 30% to 20%. This just means you’ll get games with players that are nearer to you in the ladder.
- 1v1 ladder: Games will now expire after 5 months instead of 3. Existing expired games will not un-expire, this will just delay the expiration of games that are currently not expired.
- 2v2 ladder: The map will change from Medium Earth to Final Earth
- Real-time ladder: The boot time will change from 5 minutes to 3 minutes, but with an initial bank time of 5 minutes. This means you can exceed the new 3-minute boot timer for a total of 5 minutes throughout the entire game.
- Real-time ladder: The Season II and Season XI templates will be replaced by China and Treasure Map.
These changes will happen no sooner than a week from the time of this blog post, so all players have a chance to practice the new settings if they choose to do so. It’s also worth noting that existing games will not be modified — these changes will only take effect for new games that are created after the update. Also, the changes to the 1v1 and 2v2 ladder templates will also be changed within the Strategic 1v1 and Strategic 2v2 templates, which means the auto games will change as well.