Warzone has just been updated to version 5.13.0! This blog post describes what’s changed.
The iOS/Android app is being updated with a bunch of features that were previously only available on the website at warzone.com. One of my long-term goals is to have feature parity between the app and website. The website launched in 2008, but the apps launched in 2013, so the apps have been playing catch-up ever since.
Recent updates have seen progress towards this goal, such as the adding the ability to create coin games, manage clans, and view achievements.
Today’s update brings us even closer to that goal by implementing a good chunk of the remaining features to the app. While we still haven’t gotten to full feature parity, this is a big step towards it! Here’s the list of features added to the app with this update:
- Added ability to view games played in common with another player.
- Added ranked game statistics to the profile pages.
- Added coin leaderboard statistics to the profile pages.
- Added ability to edit your profile.
- Added ability to edit forum posts.
- Added ability to tell if a forum post was edited.
- Added ability to view downvoted forum posts.
- Added ability to rate maps and leave map reviews.
- Added ability to view map reviews, map descriptions, vote on map reviews, and respond to map reviews.
- Added ability to add/remove maps from your favorites.
Fog shown on final turn
When playing a Warzone Classic game that ends suddenly, such as by killing the enemy commander, the game now continues to show fog on the map while watching the final turn. This helps preserve the surprise that a commander died on the turn.
– All: CLOTs may now create games using the bomb card or with commanders even if the players being invited are not members.
– All: Clan war timeslots can now have up to 5 templates instead of 4.
– All: A free win in clan wars now gives a slight increase to that clan’s war rating.
– All: Clan war timeslots now announce themselves in global chat.
– All: The in-app notifications page now sorts notifications so the newest ones are on top.
– All: The minimum boot time for multi-day games is now 10 hours.
– All: Fixed a typo in the birthday notification.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that could very rarely cause an error when signing out.
– Website: Profile page styling updated to be in-line with the rest of the site.
– Website: Edit profile page changed to use UJS.
– Website: Fixed a bug that made notification settings look like they didn’t save if you refreshed the page, when in fact they did save.
– Website: Removed the link to the SettingsHighlight page since almost nobody used it. The functionality still remains.
– Website: Removed the Support Warzone bundles.
– Idle: Increased the simulation rate of battles to reduce the effect of activatable artifacts. The actual time it takes to play the battle was not affected, just the amount of simulated time.
– Idle: Fixed auto-sell so it does not sell resources you need for techs.