Warzone has just been updated to version 5.06.3! This updates re-balances some things and fixes some bugs.
The website has been updated to this version now. The Android and iOS apps will get this update over the next week or so.
In prior balance updates, I have noted that the overall speed of the game wasn’t changed. For example, when Hospitals were introduced, armies on territories were adjusted up by roughly the same amount that hospitals saved so that the overall time it takes to complete a level didn’t change.
Well, this update is notable since the overall time it takes to complete a level is changing — to be faster! This is the first time they’ve ever changed in Warzone Idle’s history. The time to complete levels was decreased a bit, so all levels should play out slightly faster as a result of this update.
Drafting was also tweaked a bit in this update. There are two components to calculating draft values: The first is a fixed amount that you get every draft. The second component chases a certain percentage of your income. This ensures that people who play infrequently still get value from the draft, without breaking the game entirely for the people who play frequently.
In this update, the second component is now independent of the first. This means that the fixed portion of the draft can go over the desired draft percentage. Prior to this change, techs/advancements/artifacts that increase draft values didn’t have much effect for players who draft frequently. This update fixes that.
The time it takes for crafters to craft an item has been increased in this update, as well as the number of alloys it takes to craft something. However, the sell price of the items they produce was increased by the same ratio, so that the profit per second remains the same. Additionally, the number of items required by techs was reduced by the same ratio, so that the time it takes to complete techs was not changed.
The net effect is that, over the long run, your throughput through crafters remains exactly the same as it did prior to this update. This is a beneficial change since it means that techs/advancements/artifacts that reduce crafter ingredients are more likely to be beneficial. If a crafter only requires 1 or 2 of something to craft, then it can be difficult or impossible for this type of bonus to help since it always rounds up to the nearest whole number. So this change makes the number of ingredients higher without affecting the throughput or profitability.
Smelters were not affected by this change — only crafters.
– Idle: All levels we re-generated. This could cause costs, asset locations, recipes, etc. to be changed slightly. If you were in the middle of playing a level when you update to this version, you’ll keep playing the old version of the level. But all new levels started after updating will be on the new version of the level. For those keeping track at home, these new versions of the levels are called revision 10. Note if you start a new version of a level, then switch to a device using an older version of Warzone Idle, you won’t be able to play it there. Please update all your devices to the latest version to avoid this.
– Idle: Auto-conquer can now conquer multiple territories per game cycle. This also makes challenge levels faster.
– Idle: Fixed market purchase button not enabling when you gained enough money to purchase an item. Thanks to lairdman for reporting this.
– Idle: Fixed artifacts that lower smelter/crafter ingredients.
– Idle: Fixed a bug that caused an error if you closed the artifact dialog while dragging an artifact. Thanks to Muli for reporting this.
– Idle: Fixed bugs related to daylight savings time.
– All: Card pieces that an AI starts with in a community level can no longer be greater than 1000.
– All: Blocklisted players can no longer invite you to a game with the Rematch button.
– All: Fixed the order of the submit/cancel buttons on some community level editing dialogs.
– Unity: Fixed the size of the achievement image. Thanks to Timiniator for reporting this.