WarLight has just been updated to version 3.10.0! This blog post describes what’s changed.
Whenever someone is streaming WarLight on twitch.tv, a link to their stream will automatically be advertised at the top of WarLight’s website (just to the right of the Help button.) If you see a stream advertised here, drop on in and say hi!
To kick off the feature, I will be doing an AMA (ask-me-anything) stream where I field your questions. After that, TheWarLightMaster is hosting a live-streamed tournament.
If you’re interested in streaming WarLight on Twitch and want your stream advertised here, just make sure you enter the game exactly as “WarLight” and also make sure that the “Inappropriate for younger audiences” check-box is not checked. (Edit: For now, also add ” – WarLight” to the end of your stream name. Twitch’s search seems a little finicky. This requirement should be removed in a future update.) It should appear within a few minutes.
The UI behind the History feature has been overhauled! When viewing history, the UI now is embedded in the left side of the screen instead of in a pop-up window so that it never obscures the map.
It also now selects all orders by default so you can more easily see what occurred on a turn. This makes it easier to click through a game and see what occurred at a glance rather than clicking through orders individually.
When viewing the history of a finished game with fog, you can now view the game from a fogged perspective of a single player. Simply select a player’s name from the list, and you’ll see only the territories they could see at that point in the game.
When playing history, orders are now concealed until they are played much like they are when watching a new turn. This helps avoid spoilers from appearing in the orders list during live-streams.
Recent Games Page
The new Recent Games page, located under the Community tab, lets members see games by any players that were completed in the last 24 hours. One goal of this page is for live-streamers that want to look for interesting games to find and review.
The page has an algorithm to try and rank how interesting games are. For example, it ranks games with high ladder ranks more highly than games without, coin/tournament/ladder games higher, and lottery games lower.
In-progress real-time games now always show up in the My Games section
If you change your My Games filter away from the default, you may notice that in-progress real-time games always show up, even if they don’t match the filter. This should help players who play a mix of multi-day and real-time games, as it makes it easier to find the real-time games you’re in without having to switch back to the default filter.
– The Past Games page now sorts by the date the game ended.
– Your templates are now sorted by how recently you used them to create a multi-player game.
– The ability to override bonuses has been moved to a high level, and some level rewards were re-arranged to make room for it.
– The bomb card now shows a faded “Bomb” over the territory, like the abandon and blockade cards do.
– Ads are automatically disabled when purchasing a membership instead of requiring users to uncheck a box.
– Live-streamers can now create open tournaments for free for the use of live-streaming. Visit https://www.warlight.net/RequestLivestreamPermission to request this.
– Removed links to the old My Games and Open Games pages. They can still be accessed by url for now: https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?MyGames=1 https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?OpenGames=1