I’ve been working on updating the Tournaments section of WarLight. Here’s a sneak peek at a prototype of a single-elimination tournament page:
Here are a few of the highlights:
- The borders you see in this screenshot are resizable, or can be clicked to be collapsed completely. This is a way to give more space for the tournament bracket when you need it, and it’s far more flexible than the current “hide players list” button.
- Clan tags are now shown next to players, and players link to their profile pages
- In team tournaments, you can hover over a team’s name to see a list of all the players in that team
- In Round Robin tournaments, the line that connects two players will be shaded green on the winner’s side and red on the loser’s. This makes it easy to see if someone has been winning or losing a lot by how much green/red is near them
- The Players tab shows how many wins and losses each player has, even for in-progress tournaments. This makes it easier to see how a tournament is going while it’s in progress, especially round-robins.
- When inviting players to a tournament, you can search for people by name, even if they’re not on your friends list. It also allows you to invite based on clan.
What do you think?