WarLight has just been upgraded to version 2.05.2! This update fixes a few bugs, notably the cursor-disappearing one, and adds a few other small enhancements. Here’s a full run-down of what’s changed:
– Changed the way flash ads work to prevent cursor-hiding bugs.
– In real-time games, the clock now shows up even when the right column is collapsed.
– The dashboard now shows all ladders in tabs. The real-time ladder is now shown as well.
– The real-time ladder now records “best rank” and “best rating” columns, just as the other ladders do. These fields only get recorded from this point going forward — past records do not count.
– A trophy can now be earned for getting rank #1 on the real-time ladder. Just like the other ladders, you must be rank #1 when a data point is recorded on the graph (around 0:00 GMT every day).
– In a game that uses a scenario distribution and manual distribution, at least one pick is now required. Previously you could commit with 0 picks, which was easy to accidentally do.
– Local deployments can now be added to the highlighted section of the settings panel. To enable this, visit the Highlighted Settings sub-tab under the Settings tab. Note: This won’t be highlighted in the iOS or Android apps until the next time they’re updated.
– Introduced some fixes to make ladder updating, auto boot, and AI processing more reliable.
– The Maps page under the Home tab now shows maps without a rating as “TBD / 5” instead of “0.0 / 5”
– The clan invite page now sorts friends correctly.
I also want to apologize for the slow development of WarLight so far this year. This period has been, by far, the least progress WarLight has made since it was introduced in 2008. Some of this has been because I was working on back-end architecture improvements that weren’t visible (I talked about the move to the JVM in previous blog posts), but I’ve also been distracted by real life. A few months ago, my father passed away, and then just a few weeks ago my mother was diagnosed with cancer and then she passed away from it two weeks later.
It’s not all bad news for WarLight though. Things will soon get back on track, and I have some big features planned for this year and next. I’m currently working down a roadmap that involves three major projects. I don’t like to reveal what they are so far in advance, but I will give a teaser: The first is 80% done, but it’s mostly designed to attract new players to the game and won’t be exciting to the WarLight community. However, the next two are major updates that I’m really excited for. I’ll just say this: major core gameplay changes.
13 thoughts on “Update 2.5.2: Small update”
looking forward for the future stuff
Sorry to hear that Fizzer.
Exciting to hear about major future updates and I think the dashboard ladder tabs work really well!
Nice updates, excited to see the rest when they come 😀
Really sorry to hear about your RL trouble.
So sorry for your loss Fizzer
May the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
Very sorry for your losses Randy. Don’t feel pressured to make changes quickly – we appear impatient in the community but if we didn’t enjoy the game we’d quit 😉
I like the new dashboard layout – can’t wait for these major updates. I just hope the gameplay doesn’t change enough to change the game as a whole though; I’m guessing you are thinking of new features comparable to LD or MA but we’ll have to see.
Sad to hear about your losses, that’s rough man.
Also very nice with these QoL changes, As for the two next updates, “major core gameplay changes.” does that mean we’ll be able to play the game like we are now, with new settings/options or will it be a true change?
Wow Im so sorry this year hasn’t been quite different my great grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and died a few days after Christmas then the family dog Abby was diagnosed with lymphoma and we had to put her down after she wouldn’t eat which was what cancer does…..This isn’t as bad as what you got I would be able to to do anything for weeks if my mother died so you are a brave man randy I hope this is the end of tragedies but no one knows what will happens DONT WORRY ABOUT WARLIGHT REAL LIFE IS ALWAYS A MORE IMPORTANT ASPECT WE PLAYERS DONT NEED CONSTANT UPDATES WE ARE FINE
Wow that’s rough. My condolences. I hope you’ll be alright.
I agree with Arun – the new layout is very nice. So much cleaner now.
Sorry for your loss Fizzer.
I love the new layout, it’s much smoother than having to scroll. I’m confused about one thing though. What does clicking on a “tab” above the ladders do, other than turn that tab Blue. It would be nice if clicking it would lock it to displaying that ladder or perhaps some other functionality like being a link to the respective ladder page, but it seems weird to just do nothing.
Sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear that about your parents. My condolences.
I just stumbled on the game a few days ago and love it. Brilliant. Already trying to make my first map.
I got one thing I am unsure about the rules/TOS: I’d like to play in 2v2 games (not ladder, multi-day ranked) with my main and an alternate account on the same team. Is that okay? To me it doesn’t seem to add any advantage except for convenience, but I have read conflicting statements about that. Is there an official ruling on that?
After reading this post I decided to cough up the membership fee. Seems well deserved.
You can play with as many accounts as you want on the same team. Alternate accounts are only (obviously) forbidden on opposite teams or in FFA games.
really sorry for your loss,
i was wondering if you were planning to port from flash to html5 (if this is doable). I’m starting to really hate flash 😉