WarLight has just been updated to version 1.15.8! This update brings the mobile client closer to party with the Flash version. As is often the case, some improvements to the website snuck into this update too. This blog post contains a summary of what’s changed.
Change Player’s Color
It is now possible to change the color that you or an opponent appears as on your own screen. To try it out, open a game, click on someone’s name in the lower-right, and select the new “Change Color” button.
Changing a player’s color only affects your own computer; everyone else will still see them as their true color. This is useful for a few situations:
- If you’re looking at a game where multiple players have very similar colors, you may wish to change one of them to make it easier to tell them apart.
- If you’re colorblind and the colors chosen aren’t ideal, you can change players to colors that you can see more clearly.
- If you aren’t playing as the color you wanted to play as due to someone else taking it, and are too stubborn to adapt, you can change yourself back to your desired color.
- If you’re playing a complex team game, you can change colors on a team to similar shades to help in visualizing what each team owns. If you want, you can even change entire teams to the same color, as WarLight does not prevent you from setting multiple players to the same color.
Changes in color are temporary. If you refresh your browser, all players will revert back to their standard colors.
Other Website Changes
– Re-arranged the player popup a bit when making room for the Change Color button. It’s now easier to read the info box when it has long lines.
– The seasonal ladder now requires 7 games to be completed before getting a rank instead of 5. This will cause the ratings to be less chaotic in the early days of a season.
– Fixed a bug that caused an error if you typed a non-number into the reinforcement card’s progressive multiplier box.
Mobile Client Changes
This update finishes out the ability to create multi-player games from the mobile client! All customization options are now available when creating games. Since this added a lot of UI to the app, it would be great if beta testers can try it out and e-mail if they find any problems.
Here’s the full change log for this update:
– Added the ability to customize game settings when creating games.
– Added checkboxes on multi-select screens.
– Template owners are no longer shown when you’re only looking at your own templates since they were redundant.
– Cleaned up the some of the card UI.
– Fixed a bug that occurred if you rotated your device while a game was loading.
– Fixed a bug when creating a game with custom scenarios that caused new players added to a game to not get assigned a slot by default.
– Android: Added space to the bottom of the menu so it looks a bit nicer.
– Android: The software keyboard no longer pops up by default on the game creation screen.
– Android: Fixed a bug that caused the fog texture to not appear after locking and unlocking your device.
– IOS: Retina devices now render the map in full resolution
– IOS: Fixed a bug that made some main menu buttons unclickable on some devices
– IOS: The app works under iOS 5 now. 6 is no longer required.