WarLight has just been updated to version 1.15.6! This is primarily an update to the mobile client, but a few features snuck into the website as well.
– Added a link on the Forum page to view posts from all forums together.
– Added a tournament filter “Active tournaments I didn’t decline”
– Optimized up the “My Tournaments” page.
– [code] blocks on the forum no longer become double-spaced
– Added DeleteLobbyGame API that allows CLOT to delete games if they don’t start.
– The GameFeed API can now be used by CLOT to retrieve limited player data about games that haven’t finished yet.
– Improved the error dialog with options to report the bug.
– Fixed a bug that was causing some maps to use more data points than they needed to, slowing down the map rendering.
– Fixed a bug in the analyze graphs that could occur when the offensive kill rate was significantly modified from its standard 60%.
– Fixed a bug that could cause an error in some cases when loading a saved game.
Mobile Client Changes
EDIT: For members who are upgrading from the previous Android client, please un-install the existing client before installing this new version. This is necessary since the package name changed to support Facebook authentication, so Android views it as a different app. If you don’t un-install first, you’ll end up with two copies of the WarLight app. If you’re already in this state, just un-install both and then install the correct one again.
– You can now sign in with Facebook, just as you can on the website.
– The look and feel of the lobby has been overhauled.
– When you receive a private message, it now appears as an item on the game’s menu.
– Added space below the map for the deployment slider so that the slider will never overlap a territory you’re trying to deploy to.
– Fixed a bug that made scrolling choppy on large-screen devices or in landscape orientation on small screen devices.
– Fixed a bug that caused an error if you changed your password on the website while you had the mobile version open.
– Fixed a bug that caused skinny horizontal rectangles to appear on the map (this fix may not appear right away since the affected maps need to be re-processed)
– When playing an Airlift card, the back button now works properly.
– The history menu option is no longer visible on games still distributing territories or on the first turn.
– Upgraded the app from OpenGL 1.1 to OpenGL 2.0
– Improved the error handler so it won’t trap you in an infinite loop of errors.
– Fixed memory leaks.
– Fixed a bug that could cause an error if the back button was pressed too rapidly.
– The deployment slider is now centered.