Warzone has just been updated to version 4.11.0! This update adds chat rooms, as well as fixes bugs. This blog post describes what’s changed.
The web version of Warzone is updated right now. The Android app will be updated in the coming days, and the iOS app will be updated in the coming weeks.
This update brings a whole new way of chatting to Warzone! Two types of chat rooms are supported: Clan chat, which lets you chat with your clanmates, and global chat, which lets you chat with the entire Warzone community.
You can access the chat by selecting Community -> Chat on the website, or by clicking the chat button in the top right corner of the iOS/Android app (once it launches, see above).
Not only does it allow chatting, it also shows activity going on in the community, such as forum posts, open games/tournaments, seasonal ladder activity, and more.
Global chat provides an easy way to see what’s going on in the community at this very moment. The goal of this is to help bring the community together, especially new players who are just getting started learning Warzone.
Clan chat makes it easy to talk to your clan members. If you’re in a clan and someone chats, you’ll see a small red number next to the chat room icon in the top right corner. Posts to your clan forum also show up here.
I realize that many clans have already adopted a third-party chatting system, such as Discord. I’m totally fine with that, and if it works for you, I suggest you keep using it. Warzone’s chat rooms will never be able to compete on features with Discord. However, Warzone’s chat room will help supplement your Discord channel in a few ways. For one, you can use it to help get new clan members into the discord. Two, it shows all posts to your clan forum (and coming soon, it’ll also show players joining/leaving the clan as well as title changes).
If someone in clan chat gets rowdy, clan managers have the ability to time them out. This deletes all their messages in the chat room and prevents them from chatting for a duration the clan manager specified.
More features will be added to the chat rooms soon. Give it a shot and let me know what you think of it so far!
– UJS: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when clicking on a button just as it was being removed.
– UJS-Canvas: Fixed a bug when loading a map that was previously loaded from Flash that could give a “could not connect” error.
– Unity: Fixed a bug that could cause an error when closing a game with mods at a specific time when it’s loading. Thanks to Gmanicus for reporting this.
– Unity/UJS: Fixed the hover text of the coin icon at the top of a game that’s part of a coin tournament. It now shows the tournament’s prize instead of 0 prize. Thanks to Master Jaesar for reporting this.
– Unity/UJS: Fixed a bug with mods sending a custom message to a game during the picking phase. Thanks to Krzystof for reporting this.
– Unity/UJS: Fixed vote-to-boot text on yourself in games with banking boot times and vote-to-boot disabled. Thanks to number for reporting this.
– Website: Fixed a bug that made some games not be exportable to YouTube. Thanks to Awesomezach04 for reporting this.
– iOS/Android: Chat messages are now sent immediately when closing the software keyboard instead of requiring a second “send” press.
– iOS/Android: Fixed a bug that could cause single player progress to be lost when signing up for a new account.
– iOS/Android: Enabled autocorrect for software keyboards to aid in typing.
– Android: Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash on some devices.
– Unity: Added a link to the website’s profile from the unity profile page.
– Unity: Fixed a bug with adding/removing friends that caused the changes to not be reflected until the app was restarted.