| Pre-alpha 0
|| 18 July, 2008
- Basic game-play available.
| Pre-alpha 1
|| 29 July, 2008
- WarLight can now send e-mails. You can have it notify you when it's your turn or when you get invited to a game.
| Pre-alpha 2
|| 4 June, 2008
- It is now possible to view a game you're not in.
| Pre-alpha 3
|| 13 June, 2008
- The deployment slider is now available, which makes it significantly easier to deploy large number of armies.
| Pre-alpha 4
|| 20 June, 2008
- Multi-attack is now available, which allows your armies to move long distances in a single turn.
| Pre-alpha 5
|| 29 June, 2008
- You can now use Fog in your games, which allows you to obscure which territories are not visible.
| Alpha 0
|| 24 August, 2008
- Team-play is now available! See the help page for full details.
- You can now link games to other WarLight players. See the Settings panel to get a URL to your game.
- You can now click on a player's color (in the bottom-right corner) to more easily see all territories they control.
| Alpha 1
|| 13 September, 2008
- Refresh times tweaked to be faster.
- Chat functionality is now available! The Chat button will flash when new messages are waiting.
- New map added for testing: Earth V2 by Grundie.
- An email is now sent when a fog game ends, informing players they can go back and watch the finished game.
| Alpha 2
|| 14 October, 2008
- The "My Games" page has been overhauled.
- Thumbnails are now available! They appear in the Create Game wizard and on the new My Games page.
- You can now nudge players from the lobby. If you nudge a player who hasn't created their account yet, they will be re-sent the sign-up link.
- You can now boot players who are slow to take their turn. This duration can be set by the game creator for their game.
| Alpha 3
|| 22 October, 2008
- You can now pick where you want to start in games by using the Manual Distribution feature.
- Multi-attack mode has changed. Now, armies can attack as much as they want but they can only transfer once per turn.
- Game creators can now elect to start neutral territories at 0.
| Alpha 4
|| 7 November, 2008
- Game creators can elect to create their game based off a preexisting template.
- When a player gets booted, eliminated, or when their surrender is accepted, an entry will now be displayed in the orders list informing everyone of this event.
- When a player is booted or when their surrender is accepted, their territories will now change to the neutral color to ensure everyone knows they are no longer active.
| Alpha 5
|| 10 December, 2008
- WarLight now supports cards! The reinforcement card is available for use.
- The vote-to-boot time and direct-boot time can now be set independently.
| Alpha 6
|| 25 December, 2008
- The Spy Card is now available. This lets you see your opponents territories through the fog.
- The Reinforcement Card can now be configured to be progressive; that is, start out giving fewer armies and give more as the game goes on.
- Your-turn notification emails are now set to a 15-minute delay (you will receive them if you don't take your turn within 15 minutes.) If you liked the instant notifications, you may set it back via the Settings page.
- In manual distribution games, you can now go back and view the map as it was at distribution time. Do to this, click "First turn" button (<<<) in the history controls.
- Two new distribution modes were added to all maps: Random Warlords and Random Cities.
- Game creators can now override the value of bonuses if they feel they are overpowered or underpowered for their game.
| Alpha 7
|| 5 January, 2009
- The Abandon Card is now available.
- Game creators can now specify how many pieces-of-card that players get each turn.
| Alpha 8
|| 18 January, 2009
- Re-do functionality has been enhanced. You can now elect to start your turn over from a blank slate or to load your previously issued orders and make modifications to them.
- Additionally, the turn will not advance while you are re-doing your orders. You can now take your time.
- You can now discard cards that you don't wish to play.
- You can now reset your password if you forget it.
- Game creators can now delete their games that haven't started yet from the Lobby screen.
- You can now see who has accepted a player's surrender.
| Beta 0
|| 14 January, 2009
- The sequence that orders are executed is now cycles. For example, instead of going ABC ABC ABC, it goes ABC CBA ABC CBA.
- Attacks or transfers that don't get executed no longer take up a spot. For example, if you issue a "transfer only" to a spot you do not control, your next order will happen immediately instead of having other player's orders execute first.
- Player profiles are available.
- Ranked games are available.
- Menu system and web-page refreshed.
- Game creators can now override the offense and defense kill percentages.
| Beta 1
|| 3 March, 2009
- Open games are available!
- General invites are now available.
- The look and feel of the lobby has been revisited.
| Beta 2
|| 16 April, 2009
- Tournaments are now available!
- A forum is now available under the Home tab.
- The "Active Games" filter no longer shows games you declined. You may find them under "All Games".
- Players can now hide the results of their ranked games from their profile page if they wish to keep this information private.
- Open seats are no longer advertised on the My Games page after 24 hours.
- Two maps were renamed: "Classic" became "Small Earth" and "Dodecohedron Madness" became "Buckyball Madness".
| Beta 3
|| 30 April, 2009
- Double-elimination tournaments are now available!
- When a player changes their name, it will show their old name on the User Profile so their friends can still identify them.
- Players can now change their name only once every 20 days.
- Cards played by your teammate now say 'Teammate Played' over them.
- Full changelog
| Beta 4
|| 19 May, 2009
- Sounds were added. They can be toggled off in the top-right corner.
- Added a new sort option for My Games: "How long it's been my turn."
- Help balloons were added for new users that help them learn how to play.
- Full changelog
| Beta 5
|| 2 June, 2009
| Beta 6
|| 14 June, 2009
- Sign-ups are now open. Anybody can create an account through the website.
- Added more flexibility in controlling how cards are distributed: weights and minimums.
- Added three new cards: Order Priority, Order Delay, and Airlift.
- Full changelog