This post is to announce the start of the Nation’s Cup 2023.
1. Template suggestion post: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/701145-template-suggestions-nations-cup-2023
2. Team submission template: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/702800-nations-cup-2023-team-submission-template
Start of NC:
1. NC templates, and round 1 matchups: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/705891-nations-cup-2023-templates-1st-round-matchups
2. 2nd round matchups: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/711319-nations-cup-2023-2nd-round-matchups
3. 3rd round matchups: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/714936-nations-cup-2023-3rd-round-matchups
4. 4th round matchups:
5. 5th round matchups:
This is a sign-up forum thread. We also have:
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZXegZUXJG
Google Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QPKGgwToBd2prap8u3XVUx9F47SuvMH9wJruvG0t2D4/edit#gid=1640790496Introduction
Nation's Cup is a team tournament, but mostly 1v1 games are played.
In here players represent not their clans, but the countries they are linked to in real life.
Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts.
I am setting a deadline of 12pm UK time, 22/07/2023, to decide the following:
- Who is playing for what country. Each nation can field multiple teams of 6 (i.e. France A, France B…). You choose who goes in which team. There is maximum of 5 teams per nation.
- What templates will be played. I will need several template recommendations. I need five 1v1 template recommendations. If a template has already been recommended on the thread, there is no need to comment it again. I have already seen it.
I will not consider templates/players past this deadline.
The idea will be to start on the 28th of July. There will be a stream before this (date yet to be decided) which I will host, and I’ll go through the players and templates etc, like what cowboy did for the Clan Leagues. Anyone is welcome to join me on the stream if they want to.Registration rules
1. Players organize the teams themselves, then sign up the whole team. Sign-ups of individual players won't be considered.
2. Players must be at least level 51 to participate.
3. Every team must have between 3 and 6 active players and must represent some real country or geographical region. You should aim to fill a full 6-player team to avoid score penalties.
4. It is possible for small countries to form a team together. For example Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are free to sign up a joint team.
5. Big countries can field multiple teams if they have more than 6 players who want to play, but they should aim to put their best players into one team. Also there's a limit of max 5 teams from the same country.Format
1. Two days boot time, with seven days banked. Vacations are NOT honoured.
2. Games will be played in a Swiss-style tournament format. Each round your team will be matched up against some other team and you will play 1v1 games against each other. It will be 6v6, with each player playing two players from the opposing team, for 12 games total per round, per team.
3. The total number of rounds is yet to be decided, it will depend on total sign ups. Each round your team will play 12 games total. The first round starts on July 28th 2023, the next rounds start every 3 weeks up until the end of October.
4. Depending on the size of your team, players will usually play 2 or 3 games each round, for a total of 12 games per round.
5. A player can be put on a bench and skip a round. Players can play 4 games each only if their team has exactly 3 players available for that round.
6. The team with more wins after 12 games wins the match-up. Draws are possible.
7. Teams that field less than 6 players in a round receive a score penalty by starting each round with minus one win per missing player.
8. Winning a round gives your team 1 point to the final ranking, losing gives 0. Draws give 0.5. Close wins, meaning wins by exactly one win difference give 0.75 points to the winning team and 0.25 to the losing team.
9. It is allowed to put new players into your team after each round, but only if they have been in your ‘reserve’ list by the sign up closing date. Movements between teams belonging to the same Nation are allowed.
10. Teams are ranked by number of points (rounds) won. First tie-breaker is head-to-head record. Second tie-breaker is number of individual games won.
11. I'll repeat. Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts. This means no screen sharing either.
12. Each player from a nation can move once (i.e. be subbed) between teams within his/her nation, or from their reserve list
While it is hard to police, it's not impossible, and if caught your team/country will look like bigger losers than if you were to simply lose your games, so please think twice before attempting to break this rule.
Total number of rounds are yet to be deicded. Each will be played on a different template. Exact templates will be announced later.HOW TO SIGN UP
1. Search for other players who also may want to represent your country and contact them. Good places to start are the AWP World Tour spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRg4kr75G5-CMEGyZcVMDSm4fzi1V9X-zXvHfcu8U9xTEouUbjLmrk57PV1bq_D61ddoDk2Lk78X0Ex/pubhtml
and Quickmatch country leaderboards. You can use this thread to signal your interest too.
2. When you have a group of 3-6 players gathered, choose one of them as the contact player (captain if you like), preferably someone who speaks at least basic English. Once you have your list of players for your nation, you MUST mail it to me. If your team has 5 players, you must also specify which players will play 3 games and which play 2 in the first round (can always be changed later).
3. Deadline for signups is the 22nd of July.
I want to make it clear I’ll be strict on the rules. I want it to be fun, but I also want it to be a serious competition.
I will allow each player to move only once throughout the duration of the cup, so make sure whoever you have on your team can play throughout the entirety of NC. I am so far organising this by myself, and I simply cba to handle multiple sub requests. If you have someone from your nation drop out, gg and better luck next time.
If you want to help me with organising this, please feel free to message me <3
Edited 9/12/2023 06:02:11