| Terms of Service
About Warzone Idle
Warzone Idle, launched in 2020, is an incremental game themed around conquering the world. It uses the same engine as Warzone.
- Army camps generate armies continuously. You can capture more and upgrade them. Use your armies to conquer territories on the map to discover more things to help you.
- Mines generate ores continuously, such as copper ore, tin ore, etc. You can upgrade them to produce more.
- Smelters work continuously to smelt your ore into bars. Bars can be sold for more than the ore it took to make it.
- Crafters work continuously to turn your smelted bars into items, such as copper bars into copper wire.
- Find recipes on the map to unlock additional things your smelters and crafters can do.
- Find caches on the map to give you an injection of free armies, money, or resources.
- Technologies can be purchased to turn your items into useful bonuses, such as increasing army camps, better smelters, or drafting armies.
- Regions of the map are separate into bonuses. Conquer an entire bonus to unlock sources of money, or other assets.
- Mercenary Camps lets you hire armies to grow even faster.
- Markets allow you to get resources when you need them in a pinch.
- Hospitals allow you to save armies when conquering territories. They can be upgraded to save even more.
- Find a dig site and start digging for artifacts, which are permanent upgrades to fuel your empire. Artifacts can be upgraded by sacrificing ones you don't need.
- Complete an entire map and you will earn Advancement Points (AP). These can be spent on Advancements which give you permanent upgrades, such as improving army camps, mines, sell prices, drafts, etc.
- By default, you can accrue two hours of idle time. The Max Idle Time advancement can upgrade this time to any value, and you can also find artifacts that increase it.
- Auto-advancements help you out by playing the game for you. For example, auto-conquer automatically conquers territories on the map, auto-sell automatically sells resources you don't need, auto-draft automatically picks up drafts, etc. Getting all of them can completely automate the game.
- Over 30 maps are available, covering all parts of the world as well as fictional places. If you complete them all you can Ascend.
- Powers can be used to accelerate your empire. Find them on the map, get them from the daily bonus, or spin the Warzone Wheel to win powers or coins.
- The multi-level power or advancement allow playing multiple levels at the same time. This is an effective way to boost your progression.
- Find Arenas to compete against other Warzone players in a strategic battle. The winner will get additional armies, money, and resources to fuel their empire.
- Compete against up to 30 other players in a chaotic Battle Royale multi-player mode! Launch attacks against others and see who comes out on top!
- Fight against an AI in challenges for additional AP, if your advancements and artifacts are strong enough to out-expand them.
- Create or join a clan!
- Participate in global or clan chat rooms built into the app
- Earn and complete all of the achievements!
Warzone is a turn-based online board game, inspired by Hasbro's RISK® game, where you compete with your friends to conquer the world.
WarLight launched in 2008, which was superseded by Warzone (WarLight 2) in 2017. Both games are an indie game made by a single person known as Fizzer. A spin-off game, Warzone Idle, was launched in 2020. After this the original Warzone became known as Warzone Classic.
- No pay-to-win: Warzone won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. All games are equally fair for all players, like a board game. You win or lose Warzone games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Single-player and multi-player: Play against real people, or play any of the thousands of single-player levels against the computer.
- Active community: Over 10,000 multi-player games are played every day. Games can be up to 40 players, and can be free-for-alls, teams, co-op, and more!
- Cross-platform: You can play from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can play with your friends no matter what platform they're on. All for free!
- Asynchronous games: Warzone games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time to play with them. Take your turns when it's convenient and Warzone will wait for you.
- Customizable: Warzone has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Luck-free: By default, Warzone games are determined entirely by your skill. There is no randomness of the dice like in Risk.
- Maps: Warzone has thousands of maps to choose from, all made by the community. Or you can design your own! Maps range from small brawls to epic conquests with over 3000 territories!
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows Warzone games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Community levels: Play single-player levels from the community, or make your own level and watch replays of other players defeating it.
- Clans: Join a clan. Compete in the community-run clan league!
- Cards: Warzone has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Blockade Card, and more!
- Tournaments: Join tournaments and compete, or create your own!
- Ladders: Warzone has several ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
- Quickmatch: QM makes it easy to jump into multi-player by matching you with players of equal skill on templates you like playing.
- Open Games: If Quickmatch isn't to your liking, you can always browse through a list of games made by other players, or make your own!
- Mods: Mods allow extending the game engine. Mods run on all platforms, even on phones/tablets. No installation is required; simply check the box next to the mods you want to use and they're automatically distributed to everyone who joins that game.
Why did I make Warzone?
Back in 2008, I was playing other Risk-like games with my friends and was never satisfied with them. I thought I could do better. So one day, I did, and WarLight was born!
When I initially created it, I thought I would just play a few games with my friends and move on. But I enjoyed working on it so much, I continued adding features for years. My friends invited their friends, and the game grew to a point where I was able to quit my job and work on it full time.
In 2017, the game was re-written from scratch with a ton of new features and launched as Warzone, the sequel to WarLight.
Want to help out? The best way to help is to invite all your friends and family members to Warzone! Also, if you feel so inclined, you can try your hand at designing your own map
or you can help contribute to the wiki
If you want to get in contact with me, please see the Contact page
Thanks for playing and enjoy!
- Music by Chris Haigh
- Card and special unit artwork by Sam Trout
- Icons by Lorc
- Maps created by the players
- This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- Everything else by Fizzer
RISK® is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. Warzone is not affiliated with Hasbro, Inc.