| Terms of Service
Warzone is a turn-based online board game, inspired by Hasbro's RISK® game, where you compete with your friends to conquer the world.
WarLight launched in 2008, which was superseded by Warzone (WarLight 2) in 2017. Both games are an indie game made by a single person known as Fizzer.
- No pay-to-win: Warzone won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. All games are equally fair for all players, like a board game. You win or lose Warzone games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Single-player and multi-player: Play against real people, or play any of the thousands of single-player levels against the computer.
- Active community: Over 10,000 multi-player games are played every day. Games can be up to 40 players, and can be free-for-alls, teams, co-op, and more!
- Cross-platform: You can play from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can play with your friends no matter what platform they're on. All for free!
- Asynchronous games: Warzone games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time to play with them. Take your turns when it's convenient and Warzone will wait for you.
- Customizable: Warzone has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Luck-free: By default, Warzone games are determined entirely by your skill. There is no randomness of the dice like in Risk.
- Maps: Warzone has thousands of maps to choose from, all made by the community. Or you can design your own! Maps range from small brawls to epic conquests with over 3000 territories!
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows Warzone games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Community levels: Play single-player levels from the community, or make your own level and watch replays of other players defeating it.
- Clans: Join a clan. Compete in the community-run clan league!
- Cards: Warzone has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Blockade Card, and more!
- Tournaments: Join tournaments and compete, or create your own!
- Ladders: Warzone has several ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
- Quickmatch: QM makes it easy to jump into multi-player by matching you with players of equal skill on templates you like playing.
- Open Games: If Quickmatch isn't to your liking, you can always browse through a list of games made by other players, or make your own!
- Mods: Mods allow extending the game engine. Mods run on all platforms, even on phones/tablets. No installation is required; simply check the box next to the mods you want to use and they're automatically distributed to everyone who joins that game.
Why did I make Warzone?
Back in 2008, I was playing other Risk-like games with my friends and was never satisfied with them. I thought I could do better. So one day, I did, and WarLight was born!
When I initially created it, I thought I would just play a few games with my friends and move on. But I enjoyed working on it so much, I continued adding features for years. My friends invited their friends, and the game grew to a point where I was able to quit my job and work on it full time.
In 2017, the game was re-written from scratch with a ton of new features and launched as Warzone, the sequel to WarLight.
Want to help out? The best way to help is to invite all your friends and family members to Warzone! Also, if you feel so inclined, you can try your hand at designing your own map
or you can help contribute to the wiki
If you want to get in contact with me, please see the Contact page
Thanks for playing and enjoy!
- Music by Chris Haigh
- Card and special unit artwork by Sam Trout
- Icons by Lorc
- Maps created by the players
- This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- Everything else by Fizzer
RISK® is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. Warzone is not affiliated with Hasbro, Inc.