funnily by a character who has cheated and deceived others a lot more in many more ways and now sees his chance to play "avenger of the disinherited"
Does this refer to me? If so, please substantiate your allegations. I do not wish to make this personal, so let me just put everything I know on the record to prematurely terminate your allegations.
For the record, to wit and memory (since I don't have actual access to these records), my warnings & suspensions to date have been for:
- in 2021, a warning for multi-voting on QM on duel lottery 1.0
- in 2021, a 24-hour disrespectful language suspension for mentioning Srebrenica to Boka B in a word association thread (Boka B is a Serbian nationalist who denies Serbian war crimes; Srebrenica was an act of ethnic cleansing committed during the Bosnian War by Serbian irregulars)
- in 2021, a permanent ban on one account for quoting the The Last Men Standing clan biography (which required an "above-rubbish skill level") and asking Bobby when he would kick all of his existing clan members
- in 2021, several mutes and finally a 24-hour spam suspension for counting to 1000 on Global Chat
- in 2020, several warnings for describing fictional transgressions by Anonymous Moderator on Global Chat (to check whether he was online), like "Anonymous Moderator personally killed John F. Kennedy"
- in 2016, a warning for "abuse of the report system" after I sent a lot of reports asking the moderators to handle toxicity and racism not presently within the scope of the rules
- in 2016, a disrespectful language and spam warning for copypasting copypasta, including some with obscene contents, from /r/copypasta onto the Clan League 8 Division C thread (long story)
- likely several other disrespectful language and/or spam warnings; I have been told I have a "long criminal record" when asking why I have received suspensions for content that others would not even get warned for and personally believe these suspensions have been motivated by non-rule-violations (like correctly deducing Mercer's identity from the widely-available public record corporate registration for Warzone, LLC)
I have never cheated on the ladder. If anything, I have been incredibly
consistent in an anti-cheating stance throughout the years. If I see cheating, I report it and push for the perpetrators to get more than a slap on the wrist:
- I have never broken ladder rules, multi-accounted in Clan Wars, etc.
- in 2016, I publicly shamed moderation into taking action against AI's ladder cheating: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/152349-cheating-1v1-ladder
- in 2016, I unsuccessfully reported sock-puppeting in Clan League 8 Division C: https://bit.ly/mh-cheating
- in 2020, I helped get "We want Strat ME and Elo" (Beep Beep Jeep's alternate account) permanently banned for ladder cheating (https://www.warzone.com/Profile?p=19129760430
- in 2021, I reported Clan Wars Season 1 cheaters including Clan Wars cheating by my own clan mate, which would have benefit me: https://i.imgur.com/LoT67B4.png
- in 2021, I unsuccessfully publicized the rocky1/BusDriver Seasonal Ladder multi-accounting (2 back-to-back seasons, after which rocky1 was warned and allowed to remain on the ladder during the second tainted season) on the forum, but the thread containing this post was deleted
[I had an activity hiatus between 2015-2016 and 2020-2021)
I have used alts in less-than-condoned ways, like multi-voting on QM (until I learned it was against the rules; but I won't lie- I did it intentionally because I don't believe QM votes have any merit that multi-voting would harm and because multi-voting on QM had been openly tolerated in the past and because I find it somehow funny that it's not actually against any stated rules) or testing the limits of Warzone's technology. But even back in the heyday of clan hijacking, when I was supposed to "infiltrate" the Falcons and leak their secrets, I couldn't: I simply told them who I was and got accepted into the clan anyway. Back in the heyday of OT (2015), when I created an alt to try and troll players by pretending to have ridiculous views, I couldn't keep that up and gave that same alt away.
If by "cheat[ing] and deceiv[ing] others" you refer to my comments around the lawsuit, support for Activision, and professed belief that Fizzer stifles this game and this community deserves better, I do not hide anything here. "Anti-Fizzer is pro-Warlight. Pro-Warlight is anti-Fizzer." is literally in my bio; anyone who has the vaguest idea of who I am knows that I openly wish for a future in which this game is run by someone other than Fizzer. Regarding the lawsuit specifically, I have meant every comment and made it in good faith- this is why you can find changes in my stated views, as more information about the case and the facts of the matter came out in the documents. I quite openly believe that Fizzer misled us when he claimed the "only" thing he did was to file an opposition to the cease-and-desist letter, when since then even his own lawyers have admitted on the record to doing far more: warning Activision since November 2020 that there would be "massive damages" if they continued using the word "warzone", having at least one round of settlement negotiations prior to the case, ending that round of settlement negotiations in March 2021 by refusing to entertain further offers (setting off the lawsuit in April), and demanding monetary compensation amounting to millions from Activision simply for using the word "warzone" in the title of their game. I don't lie or hide my intentions: I'm upfront
about believing that Fizzer has persistently misled the community to raise funds for a legal battle that the player base has no actual stake in (contrary to the GoFundMe's implications, Activision is not suing to get Warzone shut down; they're suing to have the court make Warzone shut up and go away).
Even your own clan mates, who finally kicked me over my statements about the case, would not have learned about any of this had I not been too candid for my own good (https://www.warzone.com/Forum/540130-master?Offset=327
). I don't even have a stake here: the money I have spent on or donated to Warzone (directly and indirectly) has essentially zero value to me ("everything rounds down to zero"), some portion of it has already been refunded by GoFundMe after I reported the deception, and regardless of the outcome of the case my life will stay the same. I have only been providing case updates and sharing information that I gain, and focusing primarily on making court documents more accessible, because it's in the public interest. Since June, I have also been running my commentary by personal friends who are lawyers before making them public. (Similarly, yesterday, before claiming that iOS has good anti-fingerprinting measures, I spent an inordinate amount of time testing this with domain experts.)
If you have a quarrel with me, be honest about it. I do not cheat at this game. I have stood by my convictions, even back in 2014-2015 when all that meant was honoring alliances in diplomacy games even if they would cost me a win or get my country wiped off the map. I do not deceive others. I am entirely
transparent about my motives, especially when working against others, and answer people honestly when they ask why I am doing something: I even told Anon Mod how I was deanonymizing him, while I was doing it; he wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Even here, I've made it quite clear since I decided to do this disproportionate data analysis on your cheating that my intention was simple: to make the issue public so it can't be buried, then wait for Fizzer to give you a slap on the wrist like always, and- given the public record of moderation on this site- make it more blatant to others what the priorities of this site's moderation are. My entire stance is that the easiest way to decouple Warzone from Fizzer is to simply shed light on Fizzer; my working theory is that Fizzer and Anonymous Moderator avoid transparency because greater public awareness of what they do with their positions of petty authority would be devastating for their support within the community.
Even now, I'm being honest to the point of writing a lengthy post that, at best, invites ridicule and accusation of selfishness and, at worst, will get quietly deleted or get me a suspension or ban for "disrespectful" criticism of Fizzer (although, to his credit, he has to date not done this).
Have I been at all secretive about anything? This whole time, I could have simply actually
deceived others about my understanding of the world, remaining quiet or rehabilitating my image by pretending to back popular players (like Deadman, Beren, Farah, and others who have cheated in positions of power and yet have been forgiven so easily that even calling them "cheaters" comes at a social cost) or Fizzer's lawsuit instead of alienating myself from the community and becoming easy to brand as "toxic" or "criminal." I could be chilling in M'Hunters right now, making it a lot easier for me to get training in the game; instead, I chose to be candid and overly outspoken even when it burned bridges like that one. I have extreme
moral and political views, including not believing in the concept of innate human worth, and instead of hiding all that I'm honest with people even about those. I would probably be a lot better off had I been the deceptive cheater you accuse me of being. If anything, I've learned that cheating and deception is forgiven incredibly easily by not just the staff and the community of this site, while the crimes I have committed in being true to my views have so far not earned much, if any, forgiveness.
Our commitment to our convictions is simply the price we are willing to pay to stand by them. Did I need to make this post? Do I gain anything from being this transparent?
I choose honesty and upfront-ness at any cost.
Edited 10/14/2021 20:19:04