Hello and welcome to the new edition of Nations' Cup!
This is a sign-up forum thread. We also have our:
Discord Server https://discord.gg/cps2sNWKQQ
and Google Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aIf2fmJF3saG5JKaRF9bgncvlmJ8WpwIntCzGFflXSk/edit?usp=sharing
Go check them out as well!
Nations' Cup is a team tournament, but only 1v1 games are played.
In here players represent not their clans, but the countries they are linked to in real life.
Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts.
1. Players organize the teams themselves, then sign up the whole team. Sign-ups of individual players won't be considered.
2. Players must be at least level 51 to participate.
3. Every team must have between 3 and 6 active players and must represent some real country or geographical region. You should aim to fill a full 6-player team to avoid score penalties.
4. It is possible for small countries to form a team together. For example Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are free to sign up a joint team.
5. Big countries can field multiple teams if they have more than 6 players who want to play, but they should aim to put their best players into one team. Also there's a limit of max 5 teams from the same country.
1. Three days boot time, vacations are honored.
2. Games will be played in a Swiss-style tournament format. Each round your team will be matched up against some other team and you will play 1v1 games against each other.
3. There are 5 rounds. Each round your team will play 12 games total. The first round starts on January 10th 2021, the next rounds start every 3 weeks up until April 4th.
4. Depending on the size of your team, players will usually play 2 or 3 games each round, for a total of 12 games per round.
5. A player can be put on a bench and skip a round. Players can play 4 games each only if their team has exactly 3 players available for that round.
6. The team with more wins after 12 games wins the match-up. Draws are possible.
7. Teams that field less than 6 players in a round receive a score penalty by starting each round with minus one win per missing player.
8. Winning a round gives your team 1 point to the final ranking, losing gives 0. Draws give 0.5. Close wins, meaning wins by exactly one win difference give 0.75 points to the winning team and 0.25 to the losing team.
9. It is allowed to put new players into your team after each round, but only if they didnt play for another nation in this competition. Movements between teams belonging to the same Nation are allowed.
10. It is a Swiss-Style tournament that uses a version of accelerated pairings. The top 33% teams based on previous season will start this season with an extra point. Top 66% will start with half a point.
11. Teams are ranked by number of points (rounds) won. First tie-breaker is head-to-head record. Second tie-breaker is number of individual games won.
12. I'll repeat. Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts.
While it is hard to police, it's not impossible, and if caught your team/country will look like bigger losers than if you were to simply lose your games, so please think twice before attempting to break this rule.
There will be 5 rounds total. Each will be played on a different template. Exact templates will be announced later.
How to sign up
1. Search for other players who also may want to represent your country and contact them. Good places to start are the AWP World Tour spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRg4kr75G5-CMEGyZcVMDSm4fzi1V9X-zXvHfcu8U9xTEouUbjLmrk57PV1bq_D61ddoDk2Lk78X0Ex/pubhtml
and Quickmatch country leaderboards. You can use this thread to signal your interest too.
2. When you have a group of 3-6 players gathered, choose one of them as the contact player (captain if you like), preferably someone who speaks at least basic English. Then post this list in this thread together with profile links. Alternatively you can mail it to me. If your team has 5 players, you must also specify which players will play 3 games and which play 2 in the first round (can always be changed later)
3. Deadline for signups is January 8th.
This thread is multi purpose. You can ask questions about the format, express your interest, you can try to organise your teams here (although I recommend private mails for this), discuss general ontopic stuff. Feel free to write in here :)
Edited 12/12/2020 13:02:42