I'm currently working on a team ladder. This is a 2v2 CLOT where team mates are picked randomly for each game
. The challenge is to play with a variety of team mates and have fun! Ideally you will play with players of a similar skill level. The goal is to try to rise to the top. The higher you go, the higher the caliber of your team mate and opponents.
The intent of this thread is to gauge interest in such a ladder. Any improvements to the proposal are also welcome.
- Boot Rate < 8%. I may consider players with higher boot rates if they can convince me of their reliability. Players should be reliable on this ladder as boots punish others if they are on your team. 1 boot = warning. 2nd boot = ban for 2 months.
- I'll pick the top 24 players who are interested. I'll add new players once a week based on first-come, first-serve(after the top 24). I'll also hold regular qualifier tournaments which can be used to jump this queue.
- You must unlock all features and maps used on this ladder as well.
- Massive delays hinder this ladder and are grounds for removal.
If you leave the ladder, you cannot rejoin it for a certain period as penalty. Do not sign up if you cannot commit to playing out your games in a responsible manner. A player can take up to a maximum of 20 days vacation(cumulative), after which they will be permnanently removed from the ladder. They can get in the queue again and join at a later date. When you take a vacation, you will be auto-removed and can rejoin once your vacation is over.
- Every player will be matched with players of a similar skill level. All players are sorted by rating. Every player can be teamed randomly with 8 players above or below them and no one else. Every team can get players up to 12 positions above or below them.
- The ladder will form 2 random teams from the player pool and create a match-up between them.
- Since everyone can play multiple games at a time, it creates match-ups until everyone has their allotted amount of games.
This CLOT will use the standard Elo rating system with some modifications. A detailed explanation can be found at https://metinmediamath.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/how-to-calculate-the-elo-rating-including-example/
If a team of A and B(rating = rA, rB) beat a team of C and D(rating = rC, rD), the impact on their ratings is as follows (based on a formula suggested by sze):
rA = rA + WIN(rA, quadratic mean(rC, rD)
rB = rB + WIN(rB, quadratic mean(rC, rD)
rC = rC - LOSS(rC, quadratic mean(rA, rB)
rD = rD - LOSS(rD, quadratic mean(rA, rB)Handling boots
(suggested by ps):
If A1, A2, B1, B2 are playing a game
- A1 boots. B1, B2 both get wins, A1 gets a loss, the game doesnt have any impact on A2
- A1,A2 boot. B1, B2 both get wins, A1,A2 get losses.
- A1, B1 boot. There is no "winner" displayed on the ladder. However, A1, B1 get losses and A2,B2 both get wins.
- A1, A2, B1 boot. There is no "winner" displayed on the ladder. However, A1, A2, B1 get losses and B2 gets a win.
How frequently are games scheduled?
Games are scheduled every 2 hours if a team-mate and two opponents are available.How often can I play on the same team?
Two players can play on the same team once every 20 days.Which are the templates used on the ladder?
This CLOT will have multiple 2v2 templates.How many games can I play at a time?
Every player can play up to 2-5 games at once. You must sign up for a minimum of 2 games though.
tl;dr - The intent of this thread is to gauge interest in such a ladder(hoping for at least 24 active players who will stay permanently). Any improvements to the proposal are also welcome.
First qualifier - https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer/Tournament?ID=22579
Edited 3/15/2017 17:17:18