True fog like in civ games? [...] along with a randomly generated map?
▶ Randomly generated maps sounds fun. I don't know if it will be hard to do but it should be possible to do it like this;
1) Maps can be separated into hexagonal chunks (lets say 16 chunks for a small map, 36 chunks for normal map, 64 chunks for a big map).
2) Each chunk will either be a bonus or non-bonus (like sea, but with 0-1 connector to connect it with other chunks).
3) If the chunk is a bonus, size will be randomly determined between 3 to 6 (Size 3 will have 5 territories, Size 4 will have 6 territories, Size 5 will have 7 territories, Size 6 will have 8 territories)
4) There will be pre-determined borders for the territories within Bonus/Chunks, one of that predetermined borders will be applied to that chunk randomly
5) Each touching territory borders will automatically have connectors (to connect territories within different chunks)
6) That's it, players will randomly distributed and game will start
▶ Fizzer can also add new type of fog called "Chaotic Fog" just for randomly generated map (it will function like normal fog, but in normal fog, you can still see the map outline, in chaotic fog, you won't be able to see map outline. Hence, chaotic)