I want to host a 2nd edition of the template competition that I did in 2020.
I think it was quite successful in getting an influx of new, innovative ideas as well as actual templates that now have a considerable role in the strategic community.
Templates of the previous competition feature:
Great Lakes 1v1 - Seasonal, MTL, Clan League
Europa Magna 3v3 - Clan League
Landria Earth 2v2 - Clan League
Fogless Fighting - AWP template, Fun niche QM template
Tokyo Artillery Battle - Fun niche QM template
.. and more cool templates!
For further reference here is the thread: https://www.warzone.com/Forum/489545-template-competition?Offset=0So, let's do this once again!
- Has to be a 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 template
- Has to be an attempt to be a strategic template (no definition needed, see templates on MTL for reference http://md-ladder.cloudapp.net/
- Mods are encouraged!
- 1 army stands guard!
- Maps that already have strategic templates built on them can be reused, but a (very) different approach is necessary
- No copying settings from one template on just another map (and trust me, I will realise)
- Up to 2 entries are allowed
The prize:Lifetime Membership for you or an account of your choice
... and your template will be used on MTL or seasonal in the future eventually.
I will rate the templates and decide the rankings. For this, I will consider the opinions of other strategic players too.
Last time, I did multiple streams with master of desaster
(thanks again) to playtest and then rate the templates.
The plan is to do this again, I will playtest all the submitted templates and stream my thoughts about the specific templates.
You can submit your template like this:
Template name: French Brawl
Special settings: Light fog, Extra armies per territory
Example game: https://www.warzone.com/MultiPlayer?GameID=24315678Good templates take time and a lot of testing!
Deadline for your submission is June 1st. Good luck!
Edited 3/22/2022 12:27:01