<< Back to Warzone Classic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 10 of 10   
Retire from tournament button: 6/4/2021 13:13:31

Ercole 
Level 60
Hello, I joined this game in 2015 but I played a bit casually and almost always real time until few months ago.
I noticed that during most open tournaments at least 1 of 5 (maybe 1 of 4) games end with someone who gets booted, most of the times on turn 1. That boot rate is higher than the one of casual games out of tournaments and in my opinion happens because you do not usually know how much the tournament will last when you join it and, expecially if you win some games and then you have to wait long time to be paired with your next opponent, you just forget of a tournament started in the months before and it happens often that when the new game starts you do not check the game at all.
Extreme example: https://www.warzone.com/MultiPlayer?GameID=27071878

I think that people should be able at least not to get booted like that, being able to retire from a tournament when you are not interested anymore and maybe letting the last defeated player advance if he rejoins the tournament.
Retire from tournament button: 6/4/2021 13:14:52

Arrow838™ 
Level 59
Yep i agree. There should be a retire button by which we automatically surrender the next game we are suppose to play rather than get booted.
Retire from tournament button: 6/4/2021 13:16:18

JK_3 
Level 61
Rejoining shouldn't be an option, but i do agree that there should be a "surrender from tournament" button, where you automatically surrender all remaining games from that tournament. (Or you just auto-lose them and the games never even get made).
Retire from tournament button: 6/5/2021 01:32:42

Kratt 
Level 61
Yes, a very good suggestion.

Could be a members only feature too.
Retire from tournament button: 6/5/2021 04:52:15

Fizzer 
Level 62

Warzone Creator
The example you provided is a single-elimination tournament, meaning that all they would have had to do is surrender any game and they're out of the tournament.

Given that this player reached the championship game of a coin tournament, I find it difficult to believe that they simply "lost interest" in it and would have clicked a button to leave the tournament right before the championship game. I suspect it's more likely they intended to play.
Retire from tournament button: 6/6/2021 16:51:30

Ercole 
Level 60
Given that this player reached the championship game of a coin tournament, I find it difficult to believe that they simply "lost interest" in it and would have clicked a button to leave the tournament right before the championship game. I suspect it's more likely they intended to play.

The tournament was for our clan members only (Kratt hosts quite a lot of these) and he actually said us that he was going to be busy for some time, so he probably would have retired from all the tournaments if he had the chance.

Edited 6/6/2021 16:59:04
Retire from tournament button: 6/6/2021 17:03:58

JK_3 
Level 61
The example you provided is a single-elimination tournament, meaning that all they would have had to do is surrender any game and they're out of the tournament.

Not all tournaments are single elimination tho. Regardless of the example that was linked, tournaments should have a retire button. It should auto surrender every remaining game, regardless of it being 1 game (single elimination) or 19 (round robin).
Retire from tournament button: 6/6/2021 17:17:29

καλλιστηι
Level 59

Wow, Fizzer uses strawman arguments.
Retire from tournament button: 6/6/2021 17:18:51

Ercole 
Level 60
Not all tournaments are single elimination tho. Regardless of the example that was linked, tournaments should have a retire button. It should auto surrender every remaining game, regardless of it being 1 game (single elimination) or 19 (round robin).

I completely agree with this.

Could be a members only feature too.

Think it would be cool if the retire button would be for everyone while the rejoin button for members only. That's only an idea of course.
Retire from tournament button: 6/7/2021 14:21:07

Skapis9999
Level 60
Dear Fizzer, you know much better than us that many tournaments last forever. Let me find an example

https://www.warzone.com/MultiPlayer/Tournament?ID=6238

I am playing this tournament since 2013/08/30.

Every 200 days there is a new game. This is crazy. It was fun for the first 5 years.. not anymore.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10