So it seems like you want a clan that will help you grow as a strategic player but still leave you with the space to play diplo. And it has to have an active Discord server.
Off the top off my head, some obvious candidates:
- CORP - they have good strat players, an active diplo community, but their Discord server is pretty quiet; I think you'd be a culture fit though
- Apprentice - they seem like they get results in training strat players but I think they expect you to show promise/motivation first
- 101st - Apprentice with a lower bar afaict
- Discovery - they have a lot of noob-friendly guidance and a very active Discord server (53k messages last month), good place to get into strategy afaict but you might have trouble with their zero-tolerance policy for edgy racism/homophobia/etc. I checked chill zone* and it seems like you'll have some explaining to do if you apply to Disco since they expect some maturity and growth. (Tbqh I still think Disco is the best fit for you since it seems like you have limited strategic experience + since you tend to get outsize attention in Disco if you can just figure out how to use Discord, so you've got a leg up.)
- TSFH - very high activity but their strat training seems relatively weak compared to other clans
- TLA - afaict they're TSFH but a little bit worse and a little bit more diplo-y
- HAWKS - Idk they're tight-knit and seem to get results
If i were you, I'd probably mail all those clans with examples of your recent strategic play (on a conventional template like Strat MME) and see who bites. Also this is super-obvious, but at the early stage you don't really need a clan to grow, you can get a lot of mileage out of just Norman's strategy guide (https://tinyurl.com/MH-strategy-guide
). For more ideas, just see which clans were able to hold their own in Clan League divisions B or C. That usually gives you an idea of who struggles with activity/reliability.
* here's what I checked on chill zone:
Edited 2/5/2021 18:45:10