Season XLII is drawing to a close, so it is time for us to start thinking about the template on which we will play Season XLIII.
The template will be selected following the same process used in the past three seasons. As a reminder, this process is broken into three phases as detailed below.Phase 1
- The community can nominate templates for the seasonal.Phase 2
- The template panel will prune the submissions down to a small number.Phase 3
- Anyone who has completed all 20 games in any one of the last 3 seasonals (Season XL onwards) will be allowed to vote (no alts). We will resolve votes using the Dowdall system- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borda_count#Dowdall_system_(Nauru
Please consider the following while submitting templates in Phase 1:
- Quality of template
- Finish in a reasonable amount of time
- Diversity of settings (WR/SR, MA, fog levels, armies per territory, income cap etc.)
- Diversity of maps
- Diversity across seasons (i.e. don't repeat previous seasons)
- Phase 1 - Monday, January 11th, 2021
- Phase 2 - Monday, January 18th, 2021
- Phase 3 - Monday, January 25th, 2021
There are nearly two weeks until the template submission deadline, so if you are working on a template or have a new and largely unplayed template that you would like to submit make sure you have tested it extensively with many test games, ideally with players who have experience creating or testing strategic templates, as those are the types of people that make up the template panel. For new templates it might also help your case to post multiple several games to help the panel get a better sense of how the template plays.
Let's pick a great template for Season XLIII. I hope everyone participates in this process and we can have a good season! Please nominate templates on this thread by providing a link to a finished game with the exact settings.
Thread for Season XLII:https://www.warzone.com/Forum/449888-season-xlii-template-selection
The community has nominated these templates: