As a fan of Clan League, it sometimes pains me to hear many negative comments on the format. While I firmly believe Clan League is the best format for a competitive Clan competition, I nevertheless wanted to start another (additional) competition with a focus on:
* just playing the game with minimal rules.
* creating a fluid ranking for clans.
* allowing clans to join or leave whenever they want.
Note: this is in no way intended to replace Clan League, which provides a more extensive and direct format for clans to battle each other.Join now!
Please post here if you'd like to join with your clan. If you are a clan leader, add two contacts.
Also let me know if you'd like to help in the organization, which should really not be all that much work.
You can join at ANY time, tournaments will be created around the 15th in "odd" months (January, March, May, July, September, November).The Format
- Two clan managers for each clan provide communication
(Note: I prefer through PM or game with Math Wolf )
- Clans are continuously ranked by points scored (more details below).
- Bragging rights for winning a cup (details below).
Every two months, a new cycle starts with:
Points, ranking, bragging
- Two 2v2 single elimination tournaments worth 4 points
- Four 1v1 single elimination tournaments worth 3 points
- These are Warzone tournaments without seeding
- All tournaments have a 3 day boot, vacation NOT allowed. A 5 days banked boot will be included to allow for roughly the equivalent of a single vacation. Also note that auto-commit does NOT break vacation.
- The 8 slots in each cycle should be taken by minimum 3 different accounts in the clan (clan icon must match on the date of tournament creation) with a maximum of 3 slots per account. Not all 8 slots have to be filled every time by every clan, so feel free to skip tournaments that you don't like.
- Templates are decided by 6 different clans that are randomly drawn from participating clans. In subsequent months, (1) clans that have the longest time since they previously chose a template and (2) have played the most cycles get priority to pick a template. Templates must have decent strategic quality. A template qualifies if it has been used in a competitive event before or uses standard low-luck settings (e.g. WR or SR, 16% luck or lower, manual picking, cycling move order). We recognize at minimum all official ladders, most Quick Match templates, MDL, previous Clan Leagues, AWP, original Nations Cup and potentially other competitive events from the past and future. Templates can be repeated with one cycle in between.
- There are no further rules, just play the game. Taking over accounts, using alts, switching clans, playing with different accounts over different seasons, discussing moves with others, playing for different clans, teaming with your alt, ... it's all allowed. You could even use a "Clan account" to play and discuss moves in your clan forum (just don't complain if your opponent has a spy in your clan). Breaking Warzone rules is of course not allowed but will not be penalized by Clan Cup organizers.
Edited 5/11/2019 14:54:58
- Every tournament is a Cup. Win the tournament to win the Cup. But you keep it only as long as the same template is not reused in a future tournament. If another clan wins a future Clan Cup tournament on this template, they take it.
- The total points of a clan are calculated as the sum of the points of individual tournaments.
- The total points of the tournament are the tournament weight (3 (1v1) or 4 (2v2)) multiplied by a recency modifier (e.g. 10 for the most recent, the 10 most recent tournaments count, details below), multiplied by points for the finish (e.g. 50 for winner, details below).
- Points for the finish are:
Round of 16: 6
Round of 32: 3
Round of 64: 1
Points are only awarded if the clan produced at least 1 win, byes do not count as wins, opponent boots do.
- Recency modifier is as follows:
2 cycles ago: 9
3 cycles ago: 7
4 cycles ago: 5
5 cycles ago: 3
6 cycles ago: 2
7 cycles ago: 2
8 cycles ago: 1
9 cycles ago: 1
- Example: Warzonians lost in the semi-final of a 2v2 tournament. Since then, 3 new cycles of tournaments have been created. Weight=4, Finish=18, recency=7, total points=4*18*7=504.
Note: max points for a tournament is 4*50*10=2000, max points for a cycle is 10000, max total points is 50000.