Bureaucrats just decided to wage war on our freedom of speech. Time to fight back and fight hard. We need to make sure that censorship is as ineffective as possible. Basically what these articles do is:
1. Fair use is dead in EU
2. AI checks require a lot of resources, so they will make social media highly increase in operating cost and be much slower.
3. Fighting against monopolies will be harder
4. Fighting against fake news spread is harder.
5. Criticizing EU is harder.
6. Sharing information (via hyperlinks for now) will require PAID LICENSE either by you or platform owner.
7. Any material you have, if it has even 0.001% of copyrighted material, its owners can either monetize or take it down for any reason.
8. This includes all videos, messages, tweets, anything under the sun on the world wide web.
It has more gems, but to my knowledge those are the worst aspects.
Even if this is EU legislation, it will force international services to adapt to it, so this will effect the entire globe.
We need to be ready to fight this:
1. Use all the peaceful means to speak out your voice.
2. Inform your friends and relatives about situation.
3. Use VPN
4. Use Tor Web browser
5. Help develop Block Chain technologies (probably not much we can do about it personally, but still even very little things matter)
6. Find and spread means to avoid automated AI censorship.
7. Consider your (legal) protesting options
8. If you're European take good care of whom you vote for in next EU ellections.
9. If you're European, consider emigrating out of EU