I'm working on updating the sorely-out-of-date "About" page. I'm making a list of Warzone's most appealing features.
What would you say is the best Warzone feature? What would you point out if you were trying to get a friend to play?
Here's what I've got so far. Am I missing anything?
Edited 11/27/2018 20:31:04
- No pay-to-win: Warzone won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. All games are equally fair for all players, like a board game. You win or lose Warzone games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Single-player and multi-player: Play thousands of single-player levels against the computer, or play against real people.
- Active community: Thousands of multi-player games are played every day. Games can be up to 40 players, and can be free-for-alls, teams, co-op, and more!
- Cross-platform: You can play from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can play against other players no matter what platform they're on.
- Asynchronous games: Warzone games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time. Take your turns when it's convenient and Warzone will wait for you.
- Customizable: Warzone has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Luck-free: By default, Warzone games are determined entirely by your skill. There is no randomness of the dice like in Risk. Luck options are available when creating a game for those who like randomness.
- Maps: Warzone has thousands of maps to choose from, all made by the community. Or you can design your own! Maps range from small brawls to epic conquests with over 3000 territories!
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows Warzone games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Community levels: Play single-player levels from the community, or make your own level and watch replays of other players defeating it.
- Clans: Join a clan. Compete in the community-run clan league!
- Cards: Warzone has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Blockade Card, and more!
- Tournaments: Create your own tournaments and compete!
- Ladders: Warzone has several ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
- Quickmatch makes it easy to jump into multi-player by matching you with players of equal skill on templates you like playing.
- Open Games: If Quickmatch isn't to your liking, you can always browse through a list of games made by other players, or make your own!
- Mods allow extending the game engine. Mods run on all platforms, even on phones/tablets. No installation is required; simply check the box next to the mods you want to use and they're automatically distributed to everyone who joins that game.