<< Back to General Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 9 of 9   
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 14:58:08

Level 64
I am looking for a tax advisor that would help me to get an income tax refund from USA connected to income from this game. I am a non-residential alien and tax was withheld. Based on a bilateral treaty against double taxation between CZE and USA, I should pay taxes only in my country as a resident of CZE (I can tell you exact section).

If you can help me, feel free to contact me via message.

Reward: 100 USD if I can successfuly get a refund (it is not much, but on the other hand if you know what to do, it should be easy).
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 15:49:39

[REGL] Pooh 
Level 62
How much tax has been withheld?
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 15:59:11

Level 68
Is it possible to get around the tax if you have someone in the US you trust to withdraw for you?
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 16:17:15

master of desaster 
Level 65
It should be possible if you find out what file you have to hand in. I didn't find out that yet though. Many countries have a tax agreement with the USA so the 30% taxes can definitely be avoided some way as long as you don't withdraw too much money.
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 22:12:18

Level 60
Seems like it might be easier to just pay a tax accountant to take care of that for you. I have a tax accountant do my taxes every year and they take care of everything for around $50. All you need to do is give them whatever forms you need to report your income.

Also, not sure, but the forum for an online risk game might not be the best place to seek out tax advice.
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/10/2017 23:28:56

Level 60

I believe this is what you are looking for.
So if I understand it right, you need to get a Tax ID. So you can fill out a form. Very oversimplified and not even sure if I am right.

Good Luck, getting your money.
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/11/2017 01:17:00

Level 60
what happens when you cash in coins?

Does Fizzer automatically deduce the US taxable percentage from your coin payout and then send it to the US government on your behalf?

Edited 3/11/2017 01:17:19
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/11/2017 12:37:26

Level 64
QueefBalls: even in my country I can find many subjects offering to deal with tax refunds from US, but it's connected to the relationship employer - employee when they have some W2 form. I have nothing like that from Fizzer. Therefore I need someone who has knowledge to deal with this specific issue. But I don't want to spend too much time and energy on that considering it's not even 200 USD. I am more interested in the fact if it really works and how it works. :)

TBest: Tax ID is not my real problem. I lack knowledge how to send it to IRS in an electronic way. I probably need some electronic signature or some certificate to authorize that it's really me who is sending that. I also need to know how to prove that I had this income and that tax was deducted from it - should I ask something from Fizzer or something else?

Quicksilver: yes, he does it automatically (in my opinion he shouldn't be doing that if I provide him necessary information - W8-BEN form), which is not very user friendly considering it's simply much more problematic for me to communicate with IRS than it is for him as US citizen (lets say for some fee of 10 USD or something).
Looking for US Tax Advisor: 3/12/2017 16:08:06

Level 59
To answer your question shortly:
"Do not send Form W-8BEN to the IRS. Instead, give it to the person who is requesting it from you."

Form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
Instructions: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf
Information: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p515.pdf

Well you can send Snail-mail, but I do hope maybe you can add electronic signature (http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/electronic-signature-773488.aspx).
Posts 1 - 9 of 9