<< Back to Off-topic Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 30 of 78   1  2  3  Next >>   
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 13:38:20

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
So I'm gonna blatantly plagiarize this idea from another site. The concept is a sort of cross between Zork and Scribblenauts, in a way. Basically, I will start a story, and the "main character" will perform whatever the first action after my post is.

Note that all actions must be preceded by a ">" symbol.

I will then usually roll a d20 to determine how "well" your action works. It doesn't matte what the action is, if it rolls high, it succeeds somehow. So let's go!

You wake up on a hard stone bed, wearing leather armor. You appear to be in a dimly lit cave, and there is what looks like an exit carved into the wall.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 13:55:44


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Walk in the direction of the exit

(Am I doing it right?)
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 15:30:21


Luna {TJC}
Level 56
Report
Do we have to wait for op to continue?
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 15:45:54


Empire of Kilos
Level 32
Report
>Grabs a knife and waits for this thread to become the next person with the last reply
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 15:49:34


Cata Cauda
Level 58
Report
>Pulls out M16
"Ya come at me, asshole!"

Edited 11/2/2015 15:52:50
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 16:22:37

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Yeah sorry the actions will not queue. I will try to be super active.

You walk in the direction of the exit. As you reach the entrance, you pause and look back. You notice a broken picture frame on the ground and wonder what picture it contains
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 16:44:32


Blank
Level 36
Report
>Pick the picture frame up and then throw it angrily at a wall
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 16:54:10

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 17

You are suddenly filled with fury as you walk over and pick up the picture frame. You hurl it at the wall, where it hits so hard, a doorknob pops out of the wall. You try to turn the doorknob, but it is locked.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 17:21:17


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Ignore it and keep moving towards the exit
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 17:37:59

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
You turn away from the doorknob. It gives you a disappointed look and sighs wistfully. You walk outside, and are immediately shocked by how warm it is. There's snow on some trees, but it feels like you're in an oven. You turn around to see a sentient column of lava watching you. It waits for your next move.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 17:47:24


Cata Cauda
Level 58
Report
>Grab gear and run away.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 17:51:55

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 8

You look around for some gear, but don't see any. You stand there, feeling foolish. The lava column looks at you quizzically. At least it isn't attacking yet. You glance down to see a sword at your belt, and plan your next move.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 18:30:53


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Wave at the column in an attempt to communicate
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 18:36:01

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 2. Uh oh.


You wave at the column, and succeed in communicating with it. Unfortunately, waving is equivalent to insulting its mother. Enraged, the column charges and you barely leap aside, sustaining a minor burn to your left arm.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 18:46:36


Cata Cauda
Level 58
Report
>Deal with the minor burn like a (wo)man and make your way through the woods.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 20:29:57

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll:18. RNGsus is with you.

You successfully heal your arm using magic powers you didn't know you had. Then, you hide, blending into the forest until the lava column loses track of you. You come to a clearing in the woods. There appears to be a path leading to a village on the other side of the clearing. In the clearing there is a large tree. What should you do?



EDIT: not related to the story but I love how you are taking turns so I don't even have to consider making a "no posting twice in a row" rule.

Edited 11/2/2015 20:31:17
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 21:08:39


TBest 
Level 60
Report
>You decides to climb the tree, planning on drawing a map.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:03:40

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 16

You successfully climb the tree. After climbing past some bird nests, you get a good view and begin to make a map. The world you can see is almost entirely forest. There is that village dead ahead, which looks fairly sizeable and has a wall. Way off to your left, in the distance, there is a huge rock formation of some kind. Everything else is forested.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:04:20


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Walk in the direction of the rock formation because reasons
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:06:24

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
You climb down and start towards the rock formation. Immediately, you are forced to take cover in the bushes as what appears to be a hunting party is carefully stalking something ahead of you. They might have more information, but you don't know how they would react to you.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:08:26


BanaNa
Level 30
Report
>Attempt to communicate with them

Edited 11/2/2015 23:08:41
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:13:02

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 10

You stride confidently out of the bush, showing that you hold no weapons, and try to talk to them. They whirl around, and immediately each of them gets a look of abject terror on their face. They hurriedly pull out weapons, yelling something at you in an obscure dialect.


Edit: also just so everyone knows, anything works if you roll well. So if you're fighting someone, "attack them with sword" is about as likely to succeed as "suddenly master Kung fu and destroy enemy."

Edited 11/2/2015 23:15:38
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:14:24


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Wave at them like you did with the lava thingy
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:14:32


BanaNa
Level 30
Report


Edited 11/2/2015 23:14:43
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:32:24

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 5

You wave at them, but the only reaction they have is to throw their spears at you. You drop to the ground, hurting your knee, and see the beast they threw the spears at. A vicious cat like creature had snuck up behind you, and now it's directly above you. And it's angry.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/2/2015 23:46:29


Riveath
Level 59
Report
>Run in the direction of the hunters, but that way so you're not in the way of their weapons.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/3/2015 00:13:51

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
Roll: 17

You successfully leap to your feet, avoiding the cat's claws and the hunters' spears. Shaken, you watch as they swiftly and efficiently demolish the cat beast. They level their spears at you and gesture that you should follow them.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/3/2015 00:26:21


Cata Cauda
Level 58
Report
>Carefully follow them.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/3/2015 02:43:06

E Masterpierround
Level 56
Report
You follow them as they lead you deeper into the woods. As they pause by a small wooden hut, you see what appears to be an injured baby fox on the road ahead of you. The hunting party seems to have momentarily forgotten you, as they point at the fox and talk in low, urgent whispers.
My attempt at a forum game: 11/3/2015 02:59:57


Ξ Nanaimo
Level 56
Report
>you swiftly move towards the small hut
Posts 1 - 30 of 78   1  2  3  Next >>