<< Back to Help Forum   Search

Posts 1 - 8 of 8   
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/14/2015 13:39:24


BanaNa
Level 30
Report
Hi there I'm new to Warlight and was just wondering if someone can answer some of my concerns regarding the differences between the built-in templates "Normal Game" and "Strategic 1 v 1".

Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's much easier to take a neutral territory of 2 units with 3 of my own on the Normal Game template than the strategic one. This will seem like a dumb question, but can someone please explain why? What other differences should I beginner like myself be aware of when playing on these templates? Are the auto-games played on the strategic template? Also which one is more widely used for tournaments and such? I want to practice on the more popular and commonly used on.

Thanks for reading,
BanaNa
(I will probably soon change my name)
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/14/2015 13:48:19

Good Kid 
Level 56
Report
"Normal Game" is straight round 0% luck. Strategic 1v1 is 0% weighted round.

What this means in the example of your 3v2 is:

3 * .6 = 1.8

On strat 1v1 there is then a dice roll to determine if the attack kills 1 army (20% chance) or 2 (80% chance).

On normal game 1.8 rounds to 2 and always kills 2.

The autogames and 1v1 ladder both use the weighted round variant.

They used to be 16% weighted round instead, which worked like:

.6 * 3 = 1.8

Then a dice roll to decide -16 - + 16

(so if you rolled a -12 for example

1.8 * .88 = 1.584, and then a second dice roll to determine whether you killed 1 or 2 (with .584% chance for killing 2).

Only referencing the 16% luck incase you see user-created games that use that setting and otherwise wouldn't know how that worked, it's not used in either the normal game or strat 1v1 template.
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/14/2015 14:09:06

kolosser
Level 55
Report
wow..
But who has to dice-roll every second to decide which gets what? I mean, he has to diceroll ALOT! :o
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/14/2015 21:39:12

Fizzer 
Level 58

Warzone Creator
Report
Maybe it's just me but I feel like it's much easier to take a neutral territory of 2 units with 3 of my own on the Normal Game template than the strategic one. This will seem like a dumb question, but can someone please explain why?

It's mostly from historical reasons, and it's something we might fix soon. Check out this thread: https://www.warlight.net/Forum/103738-time-remove-luck-strategic-templates
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/15/2015 14:45:58


BanaNa
Level 30
Report
Thanks for the help guys! :)
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/15/2015 15:04:30


Math Wolf 
Level 63
Report
wow..
But who has to dice-roll every second to decide which gets what? I mean, he has to diceroll ALOT! :o

See, this is why people have to cut Fizzer some slack. They think he can just implement all these changes the whole time immediately, but they forget he has to spend hours ever day rolling these dice. No wonder he wants to eliminate luck!
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/19/2015 20:39:31


knyte 
Level 58
Report
^ If Fizzer were to just open-source WarLight, I'm pretty sure this site's substantial dice-roller community would be willing to help him out there. Just a thought.
Differences between Strategic 1v1 and Normal Game: 8/19/2015 20:46:46


Genghis 
Level 54
Report
^^

Lmao'ing so hard
Posts 1 - 8 of 8