After spending a few days getting my thoughts together, I have decided that, after my almost 7 years of playing, to retire from warzone, apart from the occasional in-clan event. I have outlasted many of my friends that have enjoyed playing with in my time, but now I have come to the realization that I no longer enjoy playing this game, and it has become more or less a habit. The one thing that kept me going through the years was FCC and my desire to see it be a healthy community. However, FCC/Discovery has now proven to me that it continue to thrive and grow in my absence.
I am glad to have spent time with all of you and the community that has made warzone what it is. However, there's a few players I need to thank in particular:
- Sinistral Gamer (Spetsnav): Invited me in summer 2014 to FCC. Without him I probably would have quit this game the same year I started playing it.
- JSA: First player from the community to earnestly reach out to me.
- Bane (now Thanos): The mapmaking advice you gave me was priceless to me.
- Player12345: Really helped motivate me to improve my strategic skills, and was a key mentor in my development as a player.
- Green Turtle, Great Expanse, HankyPinky: I can't imagine where I would have been with FCC if the Illuminati trio had not been kind enough to help me out.
- Master Farah, AWESOMEGUY, Nox: Invaluable strategic advice, and invaluable good times as well.
- Timewizz65: One of the first streamers I watched and encouraged me to try it out for myself!
- Super Smoove: You were one of my favorite players to play with. Also cheers for those scuffed 2v2 ladder runs!
- Fizzer: To making this experience all possible.
- All the other current/former FCC/Disco Managers: Thank you for your help on making FCC what it is/was.
I'd like to give a special shoutout to some others:Deadman
Certainly some of the best times I had in and outside this game were my voice chats with you. You demonstrated thoroughly to me that the best players of this game required and extremely nuanced and subtle skillset, which I still do not fully understand - and likely never will. However, you and your clan provided a key inspiration to me to make FCC the best strategic clan it could be - and while that meeting in Div A that I dreamed about never materialized, without you and your clan I would not have had that sort of motivation to try, and eventually retry, to do so.Octane
Thank you for being such a rock in the stream for FCC in its rebuild. You are a key piece of the FCC division A puzzle, and I enjoyed our many spars.Xenophon
Thank you so much for investing so much of your time and effort with me into FCC. As a fellow leader you provided the needed boost to get FCC wheels really spinning, which hopefully will continue to spin for many years to come. sloppyfatginger
Nah he doesn't deserve a mention now that I think of it, he's just some big sloppy hairy redhead. No I am still not taking off my shirt. Cowboy
I really don't know what to put here, but I will try my best. For some random guy from Texas, for someone who was once known by a really ugly name until Styx deemed it was too tacky to be reasonable username so just gave you a nickname which ended up sticking and actually becoming your username, and especially for the fact that at one point we didn't even want to have anything to even do with each other, you ended up becoming not only one of my favorite players to play warzone with, but also a friend not at all just chained to warzone. Thank you so much, and I look forward to playing and exploring other games with you.
If you would like to contact me in the future, I encourage you to DM me via my discord account, Aura Guardian#9151. I will be reactivating it as of tonight.
Edited 1/14/2021 05:55:06