Nations Cup Discord Server: https://discord.gg/9yexQEb
This is a tournament inspired by the original Nations Cup by dunga.
Here players represent not their clans, but the countries they come from in real life.
It is a team tournament, but only 1v1 games are played. Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts.
Similarily to team chess, team fencing, relay races etc.
While it is hard to police, it's not impossible, and if caught your team/country will look like bigger losers than if you were to simply lose your games, so please think twice before attempting to break this rule.
Multiaccounting is forbidden as well.
1. Players must be at least level 50 to participate.
2. Every team must have between 4 and 6 players and must represent some real country or geographical region.
3. It is possible for small countries to form a team together. For example Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia are free to sign up a joint team.
4. Big countries can field multiple teams if they have many players who want to play, but they should aim to put their best players into one team. Also there's a limit of max 5 teams from the same country.5. Players organize the teams themselves, then sign up the whole team. Sign-ups of individual players won't be considered.
6. Games will be played in a Swiss-style tournament format. Each round your team will be matched up against some other team and play 12 1v1 games against each other.
7. Each player in your 4-6 players team will need to play 2 or 3 games each round, so that you have 12 games total.
8. When a player plays 2 games in a round, he gets 2 points for each win (and 0 for a loss). If he plays 3 games in a round, he gets only 1 point for each win this round (and 0 for a loss). So it's recommended to have full 6-player teams.
9. The team with more points after 12 games wins the match-up. Draws are possible.
10. I'll repeat. Players are not supposed to receive help from their teammates during their games or share accounts. Puppeteering is boring. I may do a "real" team tournament in the future but this is not the one.
More detailed information about the format can be found under this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1op7iJ_XRTSNty4ON1xr6WvUJcL8Yp5Y4aI8DnmZIuH4/edit#gid=0How to sign up
1. Search for other players who also may want to represent your country and contact them. Good places to start are the AWP World Tour spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRg4kr75G5-CMEGyZcVMDSm4fzi1V9X-zXvHfcu8U9xTEouUbjLmrk57PV1bq_D61ddoDk2Lk78X0Ex/pubhtml
and Quickmatch country leaderboards. You can use this thread to signal your interest too.
2. When you have a group of 4-6 players gathered, choose one of them as the contact player (captain if you like), preferably someone who speaks at least basic English. Then post this list in this thread together with profile links. Alternatively you can mail it to me. If your team doesn't have full 6 players, you must also specify which players will play 3 games and which play 2 in the first round (can always be changed later)
3. Deadline for signups is exactly 3 weeks from now, 12th October.
This thread is multi purpose. You can ask questions about the format, express your interest, you can try to organise your teams here (although I recommend private mails for this), discuss general ontopic stuff. Feel free to write in here :)
Edited 10/1/2019 14:50:43