I'm thinking about bringing the Nations Cup back but of course some things might change like the setup for the amount of games but i will go into detail about it later in this post.History
Back in August 2013 the second edition of the Nations Cup was organized by Dunga (https://www.warlight.net/Profile?p=955485421
) and Fridge (https://www.warlight.net/Profile?p=794598733
Early 2014 the organisators became less active with managing the Cup and soon there wasn't any order left.
I hope this info is correct since i just got it from the Wiki and 1 specific forum thread i could find.New Season
I'm thinking about changing the format slightly. It used to be 4 1v1, 2 2v2, 2 3v3 and 1 5v5 games and i was actually planning on decreasing the amount of 1v1's and 3v3's by 1 each.
Why this way you would ask. I was thinking about making a list of 1v1 and 2v2 templates where each team would pick 1 template from which they would like to play in that specific round (can differ each round). This would also mean that there is 1 1v1 template and the 3v3 and 5v5 templates left which will be templates that have to be played.
3 1v1's (each team picks 1 template out of list from multiple preset templates and a 3rd template which is predetermined and will be played in each game)
2 2v2's (each team picks 1 template out of list from multiple preset templates)
1 3v3 (predetermined template)
1 5v5 (predetermined template)
This way there are 15 slots to be filled in total with at least 5 playersRules:
- No alts allowed (only play with main account)
- Each team consists out of at least 5 players
- Each Player can play in 4 games at most during a round
- All players in a Team must be from the same country or cluster of countries (for example: Australia and New Zealand used to be 1 team; USA has so many players that they will be split into East, Central and West; Belgium has 2 main languages being French and Dutch which gives the French speakers the right to play for France/Wallonia and the Dutch speakers the right to play for Netherlands/Flanders)
- Between each round you can change the 1v1 and 2v2 template of your choice (as team)
- There will be a cap of 4 teams each country/cluster (might get increased depending on interest but this is to prevent countries/clusters from facing each other (internal battles) until the semi finals)
If something is still not clear just feel free to ask and this is just a concept so if you think there might be better ideas just post them, i'm free for any input and this is first just to gauge how the interest for a new season is