Europe Challenge is unique in several respects:
- It's the only level where the human player is teamed with an AI player.
- It's the only level that takes place on the Europe map.
- It's the only level where players or AIs start with completed bonuses.
- It's the only level where players or AIs start with a significant number of armies already on the map.
- It's the only level that uses a custom-designed map.
In this challenge, the player starts in Britain with an AI teammate who starts in Russia and the Scandinavian peninsula. The enemy AI starts with the remainder of Europe.
Gold stars are awarded to players who complete this challenge in 18 or fewer turns (24 on the standalone client).
This level used to be called Level 4.
 Airlift Card
The Airlift card is split into 6 pieces. Since teams share the same pool of cards, it's theoretically possible to get an airlift card every 3 turns if both you and your teammate capture a territory each turn.
This map has three repositories of 120 armies each in the upper-left corner, under the header "Reinforcements for Airlift." Technically these are normal territories, but they differ since they don't connect to any other territories. Therefore, the only way to make use of the armies here is via airlift.
To make use of these armies, wait until you have an airlift card and follow these steps:
- Select the Cards button
- Click on the Arlift Card
- Click Play Card
- Select one of the 120 army stacks in the top left
- Click "Next" in the airlift dialog
- Select one of your territories or a teammate's territories.
- Click "Next" and then "Finish"
Although this map is based off of the Europe map, it's actually slightly different. The map used for this level is simply called the Europe Challenge Map.
The most obvious difference is that Iceland is gone, and the Reinforcements for Airlift are present instead.
Further, many of the bonus values have been adjusted for this challenge.
The Europe Challenge Map is unique in that it's the only Warzone map that has territories that don't connect to any others.
For this reason, it's important to be careful if you want to use this map in multi-player, since it's possible to have games that cannot end if a human starts in one of these territories and does not win the game. To ensure this doesn't happen, avoid using Full distribution or Random Cities distribution, or custom scenarios that distribute the unconnected territories.