Hi. If you have a suggestion for improving map, please post here.
Here is a link to the map: https://www.warzone.com/Map/41897-Urban-Gridlock
Suggestions I get from the tournaments:
1. The long connection between castle road 1 and 12 is confusing.
- The dash line doesn't align with the red arrow that the players get when they click on a territory.
- The orange arrows can be opposite to the direction of the movement of the armies. For example, the orange arrow at the top is opposite to an attack from castle road 12 to castle road 1.
2. The calculation of income and change in the 3 examples at the bottom of the map is unclear.
- It is better to write 'Income: 3 - 4 = -1' instead of just 'Income: 3 - 4'.
- While the examples is actually a sequence of examples that show the change of income, they look like unrelated examples at the first glance.
- The players might confuse the income with the change. For example, when some players see '(lose 8 income)' under one example, they think that is wrong become the income in the example is -1. I plan to write 'Change: (-1) - (7) = -8' under the gray arrow between the examples. Maybe also change the color of that gray arrow to make it more noticeable and emphasizes that the relationship between the 3 examples.
3. The starting position is always the same. That might be boring later. Picks/card/luck modifier would make the game more fun.
Wasteland might work. I haven't tried that. Since the map is tiny, wastelands have a big impact on the game.
- The sample setting doesn't have pick/wasteland/card/fog because balancing the map was quite difficult for me.😅 I try to keep it simple, at least at the beginning.
- I haven't thought about balancing the picks yet.
- Bases B and C can rush the center while base A and D cannot.
- I don't know if Merry-go-around 2 is a better pick than Base D.
Edited 8/19/2021 16:24:16