Since Christmas is 6 days from this post, I felt like giving a bit. I don't like the prospect of just giving you guys things, so let's have a brutal competition involving complex sub-tournaments and nail-biting.
This isn't your grandmother's tournament series, to where you get cookies and a kiss on the forehead along the way. I would boast that the only players to come out of this tournament series will be incredibly great at the game. (and probably already members)
So let's go over the road map of the sadistic things I will force you to do.
1. 256 Double Elimination, Template: Strat 1v1 Top 64 move on, Winner picks template for next tournament
2. 64 Double Elimination, Template: TBD by winner of first tournament. Top 16 move on, Winner picks template for next tournament.
3. 16 Round Robin, Template: TBD by winner of 2nd tournament. Top 8 move on, Winner picks template for next tournament.
4. 8 Round Robin, Template: TBD by winner of 3rd tournament. Top 2 move on, the 6 who did not make it vote on a template, with rank 1st player being tiebreaker.
5. Best out of 5, Template: TBD by vote. (Games will be streamed in front of a live audience)
There's no room for error, no team games, and no grandmother to hold your hand. All you've got to rely on is your 1v1 prowess.
Templates will not be random, dependent on the winner. I have a list of templates that I am working on that are deemed strategic. I will supply links later but here are the names of the templates so some of you will recognize them:
East Asia and Oceania (SeasonIII and Strat 1v1 style)
Ancient Chinese Torture
Season V settings (Chaos's updated style as well)
If you have template suggestions, post
If you want to join, post
The tournament will be created on Christmas Eve (Probably from my phone as I'm stuffing my face with a turkey carcass or pig carcass. Perhaps both at the same time)
Are you good enough at 1v1 to win yourself a membership? (Or whoever you want to give it to. I don't care.)
Lolowut, Merry XMAS - One suggestion... pick an alternative to having the winner pick the template for the next round... here you'll impose a 3-4 game delay into the next round waiting for the winner once you have your round set.