Math Wolf and Yeon Summer and Silver Lolowut and Brisk Timon x 2 Juox and Jackie Treehorn pwn Luigi and pwn Mario Ineffable and Banansahke Fridge and Longhouse Frankdeslismte and Pushover Julkorn and Orinicoflows
My rankings: 1. Summer and Silver. Why? They are very focused, and Summer is probably the top Strategic 2v2 player in the game currently. It will take a great team playing a great game to beat them. They are about to be ranked 2200+ once they finish one more game.
2. Math Wolf and Yeon. Old school team. I've seen one game by this team and they simply played it flawlessly. Yeon has taken #1 on the 2v2 ladder in the past, and I expect his team to be close to taking it again.
3. Lolowut and Brisk. Brisk is a very good player but too predictable in 2v2. Lolowut is a good player but not as predictable. If these 2 combine their talents, they could end up being the team to beat. But if they don't talk and focus, they suddenly become a much weaker team.
4. Frankdeslimste and Pushover. I expect this team to talk. Frank is one of the best 2v2 players currently and Pushover is a solid teammate. Frank's skill should give them a chacne against even the best teams. But Pushover is the weak link if this team does not talk, and he might make a mistake that costs them the game against a top team.
5. Fridge and Longhouse. Fridge is good at 2v2. Longhouse is a good strategic 1v1 player but that is all I've seen him play well at. With Fridge's teaching on strategic 2v2, he could end up as a great 2v2 player by the end of their run. This team is rated lower than most will probably rate them because of my lack of confidence in Longhouse's 2v2 ability and my lack of faith in Fridge to carry a team above the teams I ranked in the top 4 here.
6. Ineffable and Bananashake. Good team. Ineffable is a good 2v2 player; Bananshake is not terrible. They got beaten soundly by Math Wolf and Yeon. They lost becasue the small things ate them up. Small things most players won't even notice. But these guys have to notice and correct these things if they want to be a top 2v2 team.
7. Timon x 2. This team is ranked #2 and has been ranked #1 a lot lately. But in my experience with timon, he is a good 2v2 player, but not a great one. His picks are a bit weird and his play is not a really high level. He has not had much competition so far, but with these new teams, you will see Team Timon drop.
8. pwn Mario and pwn Luigi. This team has underperformed so far. One bad loss has really hurt their rating. They are not a great team (maybe a bit rusty, or maybe the 2v2 game has changed since they did so well). But I expect them to continue to rise for a while at least.
9. Julkorn and Orinocoflows. Nothing stands out about this team. Solid team, solid results. Don't expect them to rise or fall. They are where they belong.
10. Juox and Jackie Treehorn. How did this team grab #1? Nice guys, but their play is lacking a lot of what it takes to stay #1 on the 2v2 ladder. They just won't be able to compete with the very good teams that have joined recently.
2v2 Ladder: Rank these 10 teams in order: 7/15/2014 02:51:59