Here's the answers of this week.
Quiz no.: 1
Deadline: Friday 18th July 2014 11:59PM BST
1)Which country's flag is this?
That's Kenya's flag.
2) Which symbol was the main feature of the German flag between 1935 and 1945?
3) Which is the only flag of a country that is legal to burn in Denmark?
The flag of Denmark itself.
4) Which flag has more stars on it, Alaska's or the EU's?
Alaska's flag has 8 stars. The EU's flag has 12 stars. The correct answer is the EU.
5) What number are you left with if you take away the number of stars of the USA's flag by the number of US states?
The USA's flag has 1 star per state (50 stars and 50 states), so the answer is 0.
6) What do the flags of Nepal and Ohio have in common?
Unlike most flags, the flags of Nepal and Ohio are not rectangular in shape. Any reference to the shape of the flag will count as a correct answer.
7) What's this the flag of?
8) What is the only English ceremonial county without a flag?
Bristol has no flag.
9) In motorsport, what does this flag mean?
Your car is damaged. This is dangerous and/or interfering with the race. Go to the pits to get this fixed. (or words to that effect)
10) Which country's navy uses this flag?
So, the scores for this week are:
Master ARC (without research) 6
Master ARC (with research) 8 <-- Cheshire East is not a ceremonial county
6th Army Group 4 <-- got Q10 mixed up with the bonus question
HeadlessChicken 6 <-- please put question numbers with your answers next time
Mr Oobling (without research) 3
Mr Oobling (with research) 8
Gnullbegg 0 <-- only answered Q7 and the bonus
Lord William Lannister 10
So therefore, this week the points go to;
1) Lord William Lannister 15 points
2) Moros 10 points <-- wins tie-breaker because this player answered the bonus question
3) Master ARC 6 points <-- 2nd in tie-breaker because this player acknowledged that the bonus question existed
4) Mr Oobling 3 points <-- last in tie-breaker because this player never answered or acknowledged the existence of the bonus question.
5) MysteryManBall 1 point
I'll have the next quiz up somewhen within the next 24 hours.