I'm pretty much done with my Seven Years' War Map (only need to add some more fluff), so now is a great time to ask for any and all feedback that you might have. https://www.warzone.com/SinglePlayer?PreviewMap=64986
All comments are welcome: connections, historical accuracy, gameplay, balance, aesthetics, whatever you can come up with. If anyone wants to do some test runs that would be great too.
- I went with 1750 as the year to base the map on.
- Territory and bonus names can only use characters that I have on my keyboard. I'm sure this has messed names up in India and Eastern Europe, but alas.
- Bonus values should all be (number of territories)*2 -1. This might be a tad unbalanced, but I hope that disbalance means the port territories are more valuable.
I have a few specific questions that I'm wondering myself:
- I was planning to do another link between West Africa (Bornu) and Tripoli or Benghazi, also with five negative territories inbetween. It's the place of a historical Saharan trade route, but I'm not sure it would ass *anything* in terms of gameplay, since the other crossing is quite close. Thoughts?
- Bonus colours. Especially the yellows of Spain and China seem to blend in with the background too much. Anyone else who feels that way?
- I have grouped together a lot of native american tribe in (a bit a-historic) territories, to give those tribes that played a role in this war more gumption. Otherwise, there would be a lot more single territories with a bonus of only 1. Thoughts on that?
- Is the way sea travel works clear enough, or should there be more information on it?
Alright, thanks in advance for any comments!