So, right now the chatbox is a massive mess in Unity, being specially torturous for games in which the chat is highly active. It was never too brilliant in Flash, but it kinda worked.
These are some things that could be improved to make it less annoying:
1) Preventing it from scrolling down to newest message every damn time someone sends something. If you're trying to catch up with a talkative match while people are typing, you'll have a hellish time.
2) Reverting the change in which the chat only loads the last few messages back into loading from the first unread one. Now you just have to load EVERYTHING to find missing messages, which admittedly is a lot faster in Unity, but still quite the nuisance.
3) Horizontally shrink the chatbox. As is, it takes a ridiculous amount of screen space, it should at least not cover the "Game" button and preferably the zoom ones too.
4) Making Unity actually capable of reading most characters and not replacing them with squares.
5) Copy & Pastable text in the boxes so that links can be shared.
Picture related to issues 3 & 4
Because I'm expecting at least one "y no uservoize" comment even though at this point it's common sense that uservoice works less effectively than reporting Fizzer and typing your suggestion in the report box, I went ahead and made this: https://warlight.uservoice.com/forums/77051-warzone-features/suggestions/32649904-chatbox-improvements
Edited 12/16/2017 23:47:55