Fizzer chooses 'trustworthy' players as mods. Once an account is reported, a mod reviews report. The mod can then choose to recommend to ignore the report, recommend a warning or recommend a suspension. The reports are then be reviewed by someone else before any action is taken. It's optional to get feedback on the report to see if the account was warned or suspended.
The mods don't choose to warn or ban a player unless there is a reason to. The reasons to recommend a warning or suspension include:
"there is already a group of trusted players by Fizzer who are managing the forums but i don't know in how far they are able to do things like that so far" (needs an uppercase mark at the beginning, uppercase I, needs a fullstop)
"Things can be out of context" (needs a fullstop)
"Don't be an idiot and you won't get a suspension" (needs a fullstop)
Before posting, please proofread to ensure your post uses proper grammar and is free of spelling mistakes or typos.
I dislike the use of the word ban in these discussions.
There are, from what I know, 4 results. 1 Nothing. I'm guessing this is where a majority of reports land.
2 warning. You have to read some text, type I Understand, then move on about your day. Between 1 and 2, I'm guessing 98% of reports are taken care of at this level.
It's quite comical to see people B&M about being "banned" when in fact, they only received a warning. Makes me realize how badly the schools have failed.
3 suspension. This is about 98% of the remaining 2%. I venture to say that it is a rare case that you get suspended without first getting several warnings. I also venture to say your first suspension is only a short time period.
4 banning. This is a very very small number, I'm guessing. (counting banning all 250 of Fissels accounts as banning 1 player, not banning 250 players.
You would have to go above and beyond anything reasonable to get a ban, and you would likely know it's coming when you committed the act that got you banned.
@OP, do you consider yourself a genuine troll or someone who occasionally jokes around?
@pooh i imagine that was a bit of a joke by the mod seeing as lolicon was a repeat offender that provoked the mods on a regular basis. Remember when that nerd got google to pull ads off the site (putting warlight in financial risk) because he kept posting porn? He deserved an ip ban imo, so teasing him for his grammar while issuing another warning is fine in his case. I dont think anyone should be legitimately concerned about their grammar on here.
writing this made me remember that hes the reason that posting pictures is a members only feature now lol.
I asked Fizzer on livestream about implementing a system whereby bans and warnings are reset, so you're not getting banned for stuff that happened years ago, and he ignored it. There doesn't seem to be any urgency to change the moderating system.
Casual swearing. Offensive joking. Most people, even Fizzer probably, do not care about this sort of thing (maybe Cata does but he/she is a Marxist with a censorship fetish). I think the reason these rules are enforced harshly is purely for financial reasons. Google has gone full USSR mode in the midst of this Trump-era moral panic, and they do get to control who hosts their ads.