Why is supporting Israel bad?
There's no such a thing as bad and good, but rather a combination of both. Today the state of Israel makes more evil than good. Some people will defend it for the good it does, others will defend it for the strategic position of the nation or for cultural similarity against he evil arab/muslims; on the other side, people will criticize it for the evil it does, for the fact that Israel is a state serving America or for cultural problem of these evil occidental/jews.
Now let's keep it to the facts that matter and that really should be important when you take your side when it comes to Israel; comparing the ammount of good it does x the ammount of evil.
- Only jewish state in the world, it's a land of refuge for jews in the world.
And I think that's it really.
- Colonization of palestinian lands, with the expulsion of families that lived in the region for a thousand years in order to create room for jews; The colonies are walled and non-israelis can't really enter them.
- Warmongering speeches and threats against gaza.
- Disproportionate military response against palestinian attacks.
- Segregational system against arabs that keep getting harsher by every day (I find it ironic when you see the holocaust).
- Non-respect of border agreements that were signed off so the state of Israel could exist in the first place.
- Weak condemnation of jewish extremism; to be fair it's becoming more frequent that there is some kind of condemnation, but it is still too weak.
- War crimes perpetrated in palestinian territories.
So seriously, when you know all the the information, you need to ask yourself if the inconditional support of Israel is a desirable thing. If you don't know the evil it does because of bad information or if you believe in the myth of the moral state that gets bullied by it's neighbors, than you may think that the state of Israel should be defended the way it is. The argumentation of anti-arab policies or strategic position is a total bullshit, because ppl can use the reverse to attack the state of Israel and they're gonna be as right as you are: 0%. There is a reason why all the cool nations
What I believe is right is that the state of Israel make changes to itself. First by abandoning colonized lands and allow the palestinians to rule themselves. In a second way by not using their army unless a real threat against the state exists. In a third way by accepting the arab israelis as full citizens and stop the discrimination.
If they do all of it I'm sure the tensions with arabs will greatly be reduced and that the international community will again support the country.