You are likening the 2, when in reality they are completely different.
I'm not sure why you are so concerned about the example. To clarify I only use this example to illustrate the point that it does not make the wrongdoer right because the victim is not clever enough. This example is never the main point. I never say both cases are 90% similar, are equally serious blah blah blah...
Also all you need to do is report the 2 accounts on their profiles and then be done with it (they are now banned) I do not see much of a reason to make a thread about it. However that isn't to say I'm not grateful for him being found out and eventually banned.
Well but you missed out the very reason why they get banned - I made a thread about it. ;-)
(OK I will use an example to explain again, although you will probably argue about the subtlety again)
If you just send email to the government, the government is going to ignore you. But if you organize a demonstration with thousands of people protesting on the street, it is more likely the government will respond and take action.
(yep I know a game site is not the same as the government, but I hope you get the points)
Having said that, I do not mean to blame the developer. I realize it is a one-man job. He must be very busy. Report is not a good solution. Why?
1. Rigged games keep showing up every day. I'm much much much much much far from catching all of them.
2. I need to spend time to police the open games. I'm actually wasting time to scan each open game, when I'm not actually looking for a new game to join. I don't think I will do it continuously. Personally it does not affect or bother me. I'm good enough not to fall for them. I'm still doing this solely for the good of the game/community.
3. It takes time to write a report (more than you might expect).
4. It takes time for the developer to read and understand the report, and take action. It is understandable the developer must understand the case fully before taking an action.
5. Therefore many will be left unprocessed since the developer is busy.Why is a fix better?
1. It takes a few lines of codes to implement. (I could imagine it is just a basic if statement syntax)
2. The effort is one-time.
3. Those rigged games (with custom scenarios) will be gone once and for all.
4. No more time have to be wasted on them. So good!
5. As always, prevention is better than cure. ;-)