TLDR: Same old question about how to get one's past game IDs, because old ways are not working.
I am bored again and thinking about to do some research and may be even make some community-available tooling:
- What are my most popular QM/Ladder/CW templates and my winrates on them? (or not only mine)
- What are the best openings or some strategic insights from the games played?
- What is the dynamic of my QM ratings? (or not only mine)
- What is the QM template popularity dynamic?
- What are the actual winrates for duel lotto template based on initial distribution? (that's for my planned Duel Lotto strategy guide)
- etc...So I am looking for a way to get the game IDs from Warzone API based on any avaialble arbitrary criteria.
For some of my previous works, to minimize the wastefull API usage I had some heuristic algorithms (like trying to shoot for CW game ids based on game creation times, etc ), but they have their limits.
So I am looking for ways to do one of the following (in order from highest to lowest priority):
- Get my own past game IDs
- Get someone else's past game IDs
-- either myself from name/profile ID
-- or with some input by that player (for example, player may get a list of his games himself from the site and then input it into a community site tool for analysis)
- Get all (or just many) games IDs for specific template or condition, etc
The previous ways to tackle the problem seem to not be available now:
- Most often cited https://www.warlight.net/ProfileEditFavoriteGames
no longer works
- The corresponding "Favourite games" trick in profile not acceptable, because it in UJS now and the game list may not be accessed easily
- in UJS, so the game list may not be accessed easilySo is there a way to get this data conveniently?PS. Also, after thinking about all that, I got to 2 interesting conclusions:
- Not having a "search" function in API might straight lead to more wastefull usage, because there is always an option to "bombard" (even slowly) the game query API in search of the specific data that you need, but you also get lots of wastefull data. So having a search function might result in less Warzone API raw usage, thus helping to cut costs, if the wasteful usage is significat.
- Maybe it is possible even to construct a "community addon API", that would one time scan all of the possible game IDs and then allow for searching for IDs based on criteria, so that official API would have some relief. Though it would bring effiency for the all involved sides combined, I dont know the costs to run that, and now sure about whether it is within ToS
Edited 1/29/2023 10:47:16